How do you ask someone out when you don't know if they like you?

I think we've all had this problem of wanting to ask out our crush, but we don't know if the feelings are mutual. How do you ask in such a way that you can make it seem as though it could either be a date or just hanging out with a friend? We work together so if I make it seem too much like a date and he says no it could make work awkward.. I just want to put it out there because I'm sick of having these feelings without doing anything about them.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's pointless to ask him out in a way that could be perceived as both a date and a casual hangout. You will literally learn nothing from doing that, all it will do is cause more confusion. Just be up front about it and ask him out on a date, and a real one. Rejection is not something you should be afraid of. I know it's easier said than done, but trust me, you're better off not caring as much about it. The sooner you stop caring about getting rejected, the easier it will be to accept it and move on.

• I completely agree with you. I honestly don't care about rejection. I've been rejected before and probably will be again. That's life. I just don't want it to affect work or our friendship.

• It will only affect it if you let it. If he happens to reject you, show him that you can take it like a champ and that it won't change anything between the two of you. The more casual you are about it, the less he will care about it too. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Do you have regular conversations with him? Do you not get any signs that he may be interested?

• I'm pretty sure he's interested. We flirt all the time. We text. My boss won't even let us work together because we flirt that much. Butttt he's told me he doesn't really want a relationship right now, so I'm not sure what that means

• Really? He works days, but sometimes he's on graveyards as well. I definitely will then. I hardly ever become fully attracted to someone, but, when it happens, I just can't seem to let it go.

• you grow a penis first. women who ask men out are like psycotic bodybuilders

• haha psychotic bodybuilders? how so?

• naw don't listen to my advice. some guys are shy and need to be asked out, others are clueless and need to be smacked then told their going out... just wear something sexy first & good luck :)

• haha well that's probably true.. hopefully he'll be okay with being bossed and smacked haha but thank you

• Just do it casual without making too much of an effort.

What Girls Said 0