Being single: your choice or just S*** out of luck?

I think Im single because can't seem to find or hold on to the right person. Maybe my expectations are too high... What's your situation?

• Being single is my choice
  • Im just s*** out of luck
  • It is more complicated than that (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• ladies ima just put this out there... ima nice single guy that has his problems but always tried to make his woman feel loved and puts her b4 himself... i just happened across this post and many many many like it form both guys and girls... i just dont understand how many decent people could be so desperate to find their SO (significant other) and yet there's so many of them that havent...

what keep u single what break u apart... what hurts more being alone or being in a relationship thats not going right... even if the relationships not going right i never give up because there's always a chance to fix it if its still going... some people call me a door mat... but im not... i am understanding of peoples faults... forgiving of their mistakes... and intelligent enough to understand once u give up u accept its not meant to be and that is something i just will not ever do... unfort finding a woman with this same logic is proving to be difficult... i have my faults that seem to be difficult to overlook but u know if i wasn't so forgiving i would have left my ex long b4 she left me...

im tired of suffering because women feel their getting cheated ina relationship with me... u have a man that cares is faithful honest and always putitng u first and thinking about u... but yet its just not enough... women i swear u won't be happy until u get a guy thats rolling in cash has a big home and a nice car... men u fucking fools really need to put ure dicks back in ure pants and figure out just whats important

well i got a little carried away there in the spur of the moment but i think i got my point across XD

people are fucking stupid... im stupid ure stupid were all stupid stupid heads that dont know what we want or need LOL

What Girls Said 19

• I think we all have the option of not being single at some points, but if our crush isn't the one we'd be with why bother? I really like this guy and have for a few months now. I have been asked out by someone else, but why would I want to pretend with someone when my heart is already somewhere else? Seems like a waste of time..

• your comment got me confused, your heart is with the guy that asked you out, or with that guy, who doesn't seem to notice you like him...

• he likes me there are just some complications.. we work together so it's against the rules so we really can't be together.

• but i do understand what you're saying.. it sucks waiting for something that's never going to happen

• If I was single, it would most likely be out of choice. If me and my boyfriend ended (unlikely, but you never know) it'd hurt so much so I'd most likely choose to have a break from guys for a while. Can't deal with the pain, man! I tried having a break about a year and a half ago, but then I laid eyes on my boyfriend haah.

• I'm an introvert, and I deal with social anxiety, so I'm just not very good at meeting new people. Plus, I'm terrible at understanding when a guy is interested in me, so I'm sure many potential things have just kind of fallen apart before they could start. I have a lot of guy friends, haha

• I've been single for 6 months now, just because I'm trying to focus on school and my grades of course. I'm tired of falling in love and hitting my had and being cheated on and lied to like I'm playing second. I learned that you have to get to know people before you decide that you want to open up something even more than a friendship.

• I wouldn't say out of luck, because we make our own luck. I think it's my fault because I am overweight and really insecure. So I guess I am out of luck and also by choice, because the few ones (like 2) that wanted to go out with me, were completely wrong for me or I didn't like them for various reasons.

• You dont look overweight at all.. Its just your insecurities, you should be confident when talking to the guy you like. Accept who you are. You are gorgeous.

• @Lauren2010, its a hard thing to do, it took me a while to be confident in myself, though I still have a few issues (asking that cute girl lol) but it just makes your life so much easier :)

• Sorry @Lauren2410

• In the past two years I've lived in four different cities in three countries - not the ideal situation for a relationship. Once this year is up I'm moving again, so in that time I either have to find a guy who's willing to move thousands of miles away with me, or stay single. Odds are good it'll be the latter.

• I find dating to be annoying and irritating for the most part, I always seem to be at my happiest when in single over when I'm in a relationship, mainly because I'll personally freak out and start feeling like I'm trapped so to avoid that and stay happy and sane I stay single.

• Guys ask me out /Hit on me often. Usually douchebags though. The shy ones who stare seem intimidated an I am shy around them. Also I am picky due to bad experiences in past

• I moved countries, but I visit home quite often. Everytime I'm there, there is a guy I like, and he likes me back. Long distance is stupid though, especially at my age, so yeah. Outta luck in Germany it seems XD

• you are young, why worry, im starting to worry, im 26, i date girls, im intimate but soon after that it stops, that sucks even worse

• huhm, in poland it seems that most guys are douchebags, the girl i dated is a damaged girl with no strong opinion and who is scared of showing her emotions, i think she has borderline. she can't just talk to me, she says she wants to talk, but when we talk she completely shuts down. i feel sorry for her, and other women there, there is nothing wrong with a guy being nice and warm. how old are you__? you seem very mature for your age

• @ReneDS
      I think it might be coincidence that this girl has only known douchebags. I know plenty of great guys from eastern europe. No need to feel sorry for the eastern folks, it really isn't that bad XD I'm 17 btw, and thank you ^^

• Shyttt it's both I'm single mostly by choice and the ones who are interested seem to stalk me or think I'm going to be cake. So I'm struggling to find a dude that's straight up but not demanding for realistic goals of mine.

• Im single, i like being alone. But i wish i had a man by my side. Even if i meet a guy its like i don't feel much for them. I guess its hard to find somebody genuine.

• I'm shit out of luck, because the one guy I find attractive doesn't like me back. It's sort of a choice though, because I'm fairly certain I could land a desperate enough guy fairly easily...

• sigh i rem high school... god t was so easy a simple matter of does she like me or not... now though first u ask does she like me then u ask is he relationship material is she lazy does she work... yada yada yada... god i wish they were simple again

• Lol I don't necessarily like being single most of the time..
    Guys just don't put up an effort to date me, so...

• If I were single, it would be my choice. It's pretty easy for me to get a boyfriend because of where I live and work. When I was still living with my parents though, forever alone.

• That's solely my choice. I just don't have the effort to date.

• Single by choice cause the right guy hasn't asked me yet :) ahah

• I'm shit out of luck. I know I know I get all the fun guys. I get told that I'm attractive all the time by men and women so looks definitely are not my problem. But I either scare the guy away or I go away. But I'm dating a guy right now so maybe things will work out this time

• I have no luck with guys. So it's not my choice...

• For me, it's a combination of both. I never had luck with guys. I was always interested in the ones who weren't interested in me.
    Two years ago I was in love with a guy who was my friend, and then he got a girlfriend and our friendship started to get weird. Then he moved to another university and I never saw him again...
    This month I meet a guy on Facebook (who could've been anyone), he said he was from my college, I believed him. But, it turns out that his profile was fake and I was dumb enough to think that he was "real"...

But, in the other hand being single is the option for me now. I have a lot of problems to solve and having a boyfriend wouldn't help.

What Guys Said 16

• Its complicated. I've got the opportunities but I can't seem to recognise them until it's too late or I'm too socially inept to capitalise on them.

• single and every girl I take out I can't find attraction to her so far.

• When I was single it was by choice. I thought it was what I always wanted but things change you know?

• Out of luck, hard to find someone like you who wants to be with you.

• a little bit of both maybe? Mainly, shit out of luck. Half the time I don't have the balls to tell her how I feel.

• Shit outta luck at the moment, lmao. I've gone out with three women this month, though, so I'm working on it... girl 1 was utterly boring... girl 2 was awesome but had a mood swing and deleted my number... girl 3 was okay but had issues.

• Shit out of luck, don't trust women, don't like to play the chasing game, not confident in myself at the moment.

• I'm not really looking so my choice.

• Calling game over, been lied to, played, and manipulated, I'm out for a while

• Being single is shit lol xx

• I'm not good at making friends.

• I pick C because I am both. I couldn't give a toss about dating and also I'm just shit out of luck. I don't really care lol.

• SOL, no confidence (never asked a girl out) and ugly, bad combo

• Crap social skillz

• Shit out if luck and no confidence

• Being really nice and good looking and smart isn't enough.. you need to make a move.. But even if I could do that where would I find the girl? And how do I know if she's nice if I've never spoken to her? So that's why I'm single