Have you ever dated/gone out with someone that you're friends said was "ugly"?

Ever dated someone or maybe not given someone a chance because you're friends said they were ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have and I didn't give two shits what other people said. Other people's opinions mean so little to me these days, but even when they meant everything to me, I never let somebody's shallow judgement on my partner's looks sway me in any direction. They think he's ugly? GOOD. Then don't date him. didn't want to share anyways.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, It has happened, after that I turned into a douche and pulled hotter chicks. This reminds me this meme.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/53066205.jpg

• I've definitely fucked around with chicks other people said were ugly yes.

• Yeah, and it was horrible. I don't know if it even counts as a date.

• did you give the person a shot or did you find them attractive but you're friends didn't so you looked at them differently?

• Well it wasn't her looks that drove me away. i did give her a chance but she had a horrible attitude and she kinda led me on and i end up meeting her bf (wtf?) the first time we hung out so i was like nah... but honestly looks dont matter. if i like you i like YOU

• Yes. I control myself and what I do, nobody else.

• Yes, I have.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, but it was just one friend so I didn't really pay attention to her opinion. Had it been more people, I probably would have minded.

• Would you feel self conscious in a way if you went out with them and other people said they were ugly?

• Well I don't usually tell my friends who I date. It's none of their business and I'd like to keep them in the dark to avoid judgement. But I don't give a fuck anyway what they think of the guy I'm dating.

In school I had a very long-lasting crush on a guy my friend used to say has a monkey-face. Did I stop liking him? No. Meh, my taste has always been different than my Asian friends anyway. So whatever. If I like him, it should be enough.

• My last bf was ugly. I knew it, my friends knew it, anyone who's ever had the misfortune of laying their eyes on him knows it. A few of my friends even made comments about it. Yikes. It didn't make me not date him, clearly.

• Ah... I was that girl in one situation. He said his friend told him I had a strong jaw line and apparently that's seen as masculine. It's men like you... you could like her, show her all the signs and as soon as a friend says something about looks, you drop her. Imagine what that does to her confidence. Just like you wouldn't like it... and can't You make up Your Own mind? Why does it matter what these friends think? Yes, we live in a superficial work, and I think as you get older you'll appreciate quality in person, and not just looks.

• "Men like you?" who are you talking to? Lol

• But I agree with you on after awhile you just want someone your compatible with rather than looks.