Girls or guys, what do you prefer to wear on a 'date'?

Going on a date and deciding what to wear is tough. My friend is going on a date but she's not sure whether it's a proper date or not. She likes him but doesn't know what to wear.

• Dress
  • Skirt
  • T shirt and jeans
  • Formal
  • Trampish

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• Dress for the occasion. Is it a cup of coffee at the cafe? Dinner at a 4-star restaurant? Motorcycle racing? A beach party?

None of these choices is universally "wrong", but they could be wrong things to wear for particular activities.

• In between casual and semi-formal. A suit and tie feels way over the top, so my usual date outfit is: linen/casual button-up shirt, dark jeans, desert boots. Can't go wrong with that. Formal enough still to get into nice places, but not over the top either.

• i'd never want to have a date, but if i did, i'd dress as trashy as possible

• I always dress like a tramp so it's fine.

• I love when girls wear cute simple things. But that's just me. I have tendency of liking girly girls.

• Usually a plaid shirt and jeans. Or if it's a formal date then suit and tie.

• shit and jeans/shorts (im a shorts guy:P) or formal if it seems appropriate

• I like it when girls wear T shirt and jeans, especially jean shorts ;)

What Girls Said 5

• A cute sundress, cardigan, and flats is perfect for a date. It's casual but still a little dressy. Tell your friend to have fun on her date for me. :)

• I hope they're not going skydiving, then!

• Umm... that's one pretty crazy date you have in mind lol. I was thinking along the lines of a normal date like a movie, dinner, concert, etc.

• ty jonnoe my next dates going sky diving with me who wants to volunteer?

• A spaghetti strap and my baggy sweatpants with holes in them.

• she should dress nicely, sexy yet tastefully but not like she's going to a wedding.

• T Shirt and jeans other staff aren't my style

• formal/polished but flirty