What does it mean when a guy (who has a girlfriend) tells you he likes you?

ok here is the story i have a friend of mine we are good friends and suddenly he told me he likes me and he thinks i like him too well that would be awsome expect the fact that he has a girlfriend and knowing that cheating is bad i told him he has a girlfriend he shouldn't tell me that and stuff then he said he is hurt and disappointed and got mad and now he stopped responding to my message

Most Helpful Guy

• What does it mean? That he's unhappy with that relationship and looking for someone new.

Good on you for being upfront with him, maybe all he needed was to hear that, let things cool down with his girlfriend.

What Guys Said 2

• he could be playing his luck, or maybe its more genuine. cheating isn't right but having feelings for someone else whilst in a tired relationship is perfectly normal. perhaps he needs the green light from you before he breaks it off with his current girl.

• He is a chancer and wanted a no strings fuck. Let him sulk it has hurt his pride and not bf material cos he will have done it before and will do it again.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends maybe he really likes you more than the girlfriend. How long have you know him and how long has he been in a relationship with his gf?