What happens now? Don't wanna be fwb?

I meet this guy about a year ago we became friends with benefits. I slowly started meeting his friends and now we all hang out. I hangout with his friends w/out him because they invite me to. Anyways i like the guy but I dont want to hook up with him anymore. I want to just be friends. I know we're going to see each other frequently because I became super close to certain friends of his. So I don't want it to be awkward and I love the guy, he's great. I'm not in love with him to be clear. But it's hard because every time were all out and about drinking or whatever we end up hooking up. I've tried not to but it always happens.

I just don't know how to go about telling him this.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sorry but you ruined the opportunity to be his friend the moment you slept with him.

Sex destroys friendships before marriage. Sex cements them after marriage.

You are too weak to tell him no. There is no way to "Tell" him other than leaving him. Even if he says he does respect you, you will end up hooking up with him, again.

My advice is never to get into a friends with benefits situation again. Not if you care about the person in the least.

What Guys Said 4

• Well just say you've moved on from this period. Tell him you're looking to start a relationship soon (even if it's not true). I can't see how you won't slightly irk him but the beers thing to do is just to say that "you want to put sex on the backburner and focus on other aspects of your life now."

• I would tell him you are starting to have feelings and if he's truly your friend he'll understand and give you some space to sort things out. But not matter what you have to get the fuck out to save your dignity. Run don't walk.

• Yeah, tell him you want to be friends who don't have sex, see how well that goes. That's why friends with benefits is such a bad idea, especially for girls. Only the guy gets the benefir.

• lets not have sex anymore... im just not interested anymore... simple!

What Girls Said 3

• You don't owe him anything. The whole point of a fuck buddy is that it's no strings attached. Just tell him, he knows the deal. He won't be hurt

• That's kind of the entire point of fwb. I don't think there should be an issue.

• I'm not sleeping with you anymore. Let's be friends.