Is it right for me to date a 22 year old?

So I met this guy but he said I would have to wait tell I was 17, ecleast that's what it sounds like

I have to wait tell I am 17

55

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are a mature young girl I suppose it's possible to have a friendly relationship, but remember you are still a minor while he is by law an adult. I am certain you understand the ramifications if your friendship blossoms into an intimate relationship. At your age (16?) you are safer to limit your dates to boys your own age. It's not impossible to have a friendly relationship with an older person, but where is that leading too?
    Are you both on the same intellectual level? Or could it be mere infatuation?

He may be wise in suggesting you wait another year or two. In the meantime why not invest more of your social time with your own peers? If you are a girl worth waiting for there will always be a handsome gentleman ready to date you.

Good Luck.

• After realizing our young lady is only 14 I certainly would nix this whole deal. 8 years is far too great of an age gap. Sorry.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• No it is not right. There are 8 years between the two of you.
    There is no way the two of you will have anything in common. At least nothing of any importance.
    Not that at 22 he has a whole lot of life experience. But you will have none.
    What are you going to do together? Hang at McDonalds every night? It's not like you can go to bars with him. Hell you can't even go to "R" rated movies. I doubt he is into seeing "PG 13" all the time.
    You will not want to be with his friends. Chances are he wouldn't want you there. His friends won't want you around.
    I can guarantee He will not want to be around your friends.
    A relationship with the two of you wrong on so many levels.
    Chances are you're illegal to.

If you dated him it will be a disaster waiting to happen.

• You need to stop hanging around peds

• Wait till you're of legal age.

• Do your homework and go to sleep, you need to be up for school at 8.

What Girls Said 5

• If I was you I would focus on my studies and worry less about dating some 22 year old, plus dating older guys could lead you into doing things that you don't want to do, such as sex, and drinking and much much more. But I mean if you want to that's on you I put my books first well that's what I've decided to do this year and my grades and all passing.

• Wait until you know how to spell

• As long as it's legal for you to consent it's fine by me.

• How old are you right now? Not to be nosy, but why aren't you interested in dating men your age?

• 14 and I do but I'm too ugly for the guys in our school there is only 12 guys

• Again, not trying to be rude, but I think he's too old for you. That is eight years, & I have to question someone's motives when they want to date a minor who they are 8 years older than. Also, you are not ugly! If boys your age, are giving you the time you want, you just have to wait for them to mature. Sometimes high school kids are insecure & have way to high of expectations. Give them time, & I'm sure you'll find someone your age. Relationships are not everything at your age, you can focus on your education & friends, & not have to worry about all that relationship drama.

• What state do you live in?