He left saying something pretty weird, and now it's been a week and I haven't heard anything?

I asked a question about this last week because I didn't know what to make of it, and now it's been a week since it happened. my ex called me a bunch of times over the summer, I finally responded and we hung out and it was great, hung out again and that was great to until when he got out of my car after he kissed me good bye he repeated "I'll call you, you call me, I'll call you, you call me..." quite a few times and then poked his head back in to say it again. The last time we were seeing each other he had called me codependent, and he had commitment issues because he had just gotten out of his very first very long term relationship. I thought things could be different this time, but I haven't heard from him yet, I'm feeling upset about it, and really didn't want to have to be the one initiating things. so far he has been great about initiating things, I just don't know why he hasn't called me yet.

does he sound like he really expects me to call and not him?
I'm so frustrated by this?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Why don't you just all him? Since he's initiated everything maybe he wants you to call him to give him a little reassurance you're into him.

• I wouldn't say he has initiated everything, but I guess he has initiated most. I have definitely shown him I'm interested. I just feel like he should be the one to call? maybe I am overthinking it, but I wish he would.

• I think that's the mistake a lot of girls make - they want to be "traditional" and so they don't reciprocate as much as the guy wants them to (because most guys are unsure of themselves, especially with a girl they really like). Bottom line is you should feel free to call him if you want to hear from him. I think you're way ahead of a situation in which you shouldn't call (you've called all week already, you texted him multiple times with no response, the last time you saw him he was a complete jerk, etc.) Since none of these things are even close to your situation, I'd say you're good.

• He wants you to call him.