Why can't I get a boyfriend?

It seems like every time I'm interested in a guy, he either doesn't feel the same way or doesn't even know I exist. As for the guys that do actually like me, I either don't like them back or lose interest really quickly and I don't know why. I don't know if I'm just being shallow (if so I definitely don't mean to) or what. I have no idea what's wrong with me. I know I'm still young and I have plenty of time for dating, but as a sophomore in high school, it would be nice to have a boyfriend or at least a date for homecoming. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're talking like ur in your 30s lol. You're a sophomore, relax. Just let things happen on their own. Very few people on this planet are lucky enough to meet their soul mate so young. You're perfectly normal.

What Guys Said 12

• Age, that's why. I'd guess you're 17 years old (due to being a sopmore) and at that age most guys (and a lot of girls too) are not mature end responisble enough to maintain a relationship over time. I know this sounds completely ridicolous, but the hard truth is that the brain's prefrontal cortex (which is responsible for things like decision making, planning and priorizing) is not fully developed until far into the mid 20's, sometimes even 30's. Hence why at your age many people are no ready and arguably not able to commit like that.

I'm not saying you'll never find one, i'm simply saying that maybe if comitment is what you want, you should take a few steps back, relax, and wait a few years. And if you worry about ending alone all life; did you know people get older and older before they marry? (compared to, say 50 years ago).
    So just chill out a little, and don't rish things, even if i understand your frustration.

• Your'e absolutely right. Thanks a bunch. This was really helpful :)

• Do be impatient dont give up myfriend. remember love comes softly. rather than looking for the guy to come be the right person for him to come too. your very precious and and highly valuable to settle for anything less. u will love again

• Thank you very much. I really appreciate your advise and your kindness :)

• Don't ever rush into a relationship. Even though it's nice to have a boyfriend, you must make sure that the one you love is right for you, and you're right for him.

Also, don't ever go "looking for love". I've seen many relationships that are established like that, and those are the ones that crash the fastest/hardest. Be patient. Analyze the one you love and make sure he's good for you, more so on the inside than the outside, because his inner features are the ones that really make the man. The one who's right for you will come to you in time. Hell, it might be a good friend of yours, and the feelings are just dormant.

• Thanks so much. Your advise is really inspiring and I'll make sure to always keep it in mind :)

• That's a common occurace, eventually you will find someone.

• find the right guy

• you are under 18... so i dont see why you are even worrying about this in the first place. you still got a whole life ahead of you and till then having a boyfriend isn't going to make your life any "happy type of fairy tale"

• I know haha. It's just that homecoming is coming up and all of my friends have dates. I don't want to end up staying home like I did last year, because I don't want to be alone while everyone is out having fun. I would normally just hang with my best friends at homecoming, but I don't want to feel like a third wheel, You hnow?

• lol. i bet you would have more of a better time at the homecoming on your own then with a boyfriend. trust me, having a boyfriend at these types of events isn't gonna give you any advantages

• Why do you say that?

• Just don't worry about it and just let it happen. I didn't get my first gf until senior year. You're still really young. Just enjoy friends and school.

• ask a guy out maybe?

• I'd be way too nervous to do that haha

• most teens are, the reality is you ask they say yes/no, if no you move on. simple, you'll feel worse if you never find out

• You're right, thanks. I'll give it a try. I just need to stop over thinking small things like this haha.

• Why the hell are you worring about this if you're under 18?

• Well even if I'm under 18, you could still want a bf or someone to take you to homecoming or prom. I'm in high school. I'm not an adult, but I'm also not a baby. People start to date at my age, so why would you even ask that?

• Having a boyfriend isn't true love

But you don't need to go to homecoming

• You are clearly a pretty girl and have guys that like you but you want what you can't have and if you could have it you then would not want it... get it?

• I get it, and it makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks, that really made me start assessing the I think! :)

• People are strange that way and good looking people like you (and me) end up doing that. Odd. And thanks for the down vote :)

• dress more slutty.

• I'm in the same boat as you. Always have been and always will be.

#teamforeveralone.

What Girls Said 4

• Make a research about soulmates they are the best thing u can find ever. I was exactly like u in fact I really liked this guy who was older and I started talking with one of his friends and he helped me and finally I started liking his friend and now his friend is my boyfriend and the boy I liked lose the opportunity so the Life is unpredictable and u don't know who u will en up with. Don't wait for it, it will came on its time

• First I just wanted to say that you're super pretty :) so that certainly isn't a reason.

You're still really young and dating in high school means next to nothing in the grande scheme of things. Don't worry about it.

• Ahh I understand see I'm a sophomore as well, but I think you should just let it happen, let life handle it. If life takes to long then find your own way maybe by being more social, joining clubs with a few guys in it, hope I helped? Xx

• You did:) Thank you. It really helped actually, and you being about the same age as me was a plus haha

• Aha no problem! And yeah I get it everyone goes through that phase in highschool weither they've acknowledged it or not. So your fine haha

• If I were you i wld right down some of the good qualities you have or heard your friends say about you as well as being honest about what you think you might need help with.. like are you clingy? Talk too much? Your appearance? Just things to think about.. confidence is the key if you present yourself with that and not shy it will definitely help