MALE POPULATION... what is this dude doing with me?

We've been talking for about a month. Lately he keeps telling me how busy he is with work, blah blah blah. He hasn't spoken to me, like had a serious conversation, or any conversation for that matter in about two weeks. I'll get an occasional message here and there but it's very generic and simple, but that's it. He told me that as of last Wednesday that things were going back to normal, so I thought I would hear from him more often. I actually hear from him less now. Yesterday, I didn't hear anything from him. But, as of a few days ago, he still tells me he's interested in me. Am I missing something?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, the part where he's obviously not interrested.
    Because if he was, he would make time for you, even if it was just a 5 minute call when busy. And since things aren't as hectic now, he should REALLY have time for you.

sorry anon, but i don't think he's that into you :/

• Then why say that you are? Lol... just be honest. Because as of a week ago, I specifically asked him to be honest with me because I don't wanna waste my or his time. He said "I'm sorry. I should be more communicative throughout the day. I've just been so busy with work that when I hang up one phone, it's like I have to answer five more. But, I do appreciate you being so understanding during this time whereas a lot of women wouldn't be. And to answer your question, YES, I'm still interested in you. The timing during all of this couldn't be any worse." That was about a week ago...

• Thanks. I told him that I really wished we could talk more often because I don't like how things are going now. We'll see if anything changes.

• yeah. though, keep it in the back of your head that there's no such thing as "too busy" for something as simple as a 5 minute call with the one you love. That simply means you aren't priorizing her.
      But hopefully it'll work out

What Guys Said 1

• He want's to string you along until he gets the goods, then recycle you. Don't mean to be harsh.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say that he is being truthful about work commitments and so forth but if his mssgs are always simple and generic i would say that he is either keeping his options open for someone else but keeping you interested incase this one doesn't work out. And if. the other person sees then he can claim your just. a friend. A man who was interested in me and wanted to date me, worked fulltime and studied but always made the effort to make one evening a week to come and visit me and we lived in. different cities. Or he may have just became single and can't take the plunge to meet someone yet but if he was interested he would have made some sort of plan to meet you.