Do guys sometimes lose interest if their gf gains a little weight?

Do guys sometimes lose interest if their gf has gained a little weight? ? I have gained a little and it seems like he isn't as attracted to me

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes that's not unheard of. Allthough i'd say that if he truly loves you it wouldn't be a problem really (unless you're considerably overweight). He might encourage you to stay fit, but he'd still love you.
    Sadly at your age it's not uncomon fro boys to look at body when deciding.

I don't know how he is as a person, but i'd say ask him about it. but remember, DO NOT get mad if he's honest. It might hurt if he says you have gained weight or if he admits that he was more attracted to you before, but getting mad just makes it worse. Be understanding above all else.

• I have asked and he says no. I mean I haven't had to get a new pair of jeans yet ha so that's a good sign ;)

• hehe, yeah i guess it's not too bad if the jeans still fit; especially seeing as girls tend to gain weight in the hip area which means pant size take the brunt force of potential weight gain.
      And if he behaves like he's still romantically into you it's no problem and nothing to be worried about :)

What Guys Said 5

• It could be that or it could be a hundred other reasons. All I can say is when someone gets a Porsche they don't want to wake up with 4 door sedan. Looking after yourself is never for your partners sake though it's for your own. It he is that vain though he is definitely not worth your time.

• How much weight exactly? I'm not meaning to be rude, but physical attraction is huge for most men. Think about it like this, take it you had the chance to go steady with Brad Pitt, and one of the things you loved most about him was his great abs, butt or whatever it is you women like, only over the course of a year... he went from Brad Pitt to Paul Blart. It would confuse you a bit. As much as I would love for reality to be "oh, well that is the woman I fell in love with, so I will be okay with it regardless, it's not. Most men are very SHALLOW HAL. peace

• Well the scale doesn't go up and my jeans still fit but I can tell my stomachs gotten bigger even thought I haven't had to buy new clothes

• If you haven't needed new clothes then you are fine.

• Nnnnnnnnnnnope. I honestly wouldn't care. You'd have to look really extremely different for it to bug me, which seems unlikely.

• No, Hunnie i don't care if i had a Gf who gained weight i still love her xoxox

• If it's just a little bit then no

What Girls Said 2

• Well why did you let it happen? You should work out if you care about your weight, not make your bf change

• They have had to switch my birth control pills a few times

• I don't really understand, but it's probably because I've never taken birth control.. To me it sounds like something that could be solved by a solid excersize schedule

• I believe they do. And I believe that my white ex bf dumped me because of my weight. I think it is also depends on the culture