I finally found the courage to tell my one of my male friends today that I liked him and I think he does not feel the same? :(?

So I finally told one of my male friends I had feelings for him today and I don't know how to take his answer, unfolded like this...
On the phone he tells me he bumped into a girl today he went out with years ago. They broke up in there teens as she joined the navy but is now home, were all 32 now. I don't know her. I just went abit quiet on the phone because I've kept it hidden but I have feelings other than friendship for him. Later tonight when txting each other I said "when you told me about this woman today I felt sad" he said "why?" And I replied "I think you can guess, I like you and I just did" he replied "ok night, " I'm confused, have I lost a friend through admitting my feelings? Does it sound like he does not want me? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• He may have just felt very awkward or uncomfortable about it. Perhaps ge doesn't feel the same way or maybe he does and he didn't know how to respond because he may not want anything to wreck the friendship. I think you should talk to him about it face to face and hopefully he will be straightforward and honest about how he feels.

• he* sorry for the typo.

And thank you for MH! I hope it all works out for you:)

What Guys Said 7

• I will tell you straight up and forward. I don't know why everyone can be like this. This is just how I feel. He likes you he just felt really awkward about it and probably neverous. In my opinion guys cannot be just friends with a girl. He always has other interests. I myself do not have any female friends other then the girl I'm actually with. But then again this is just my opinion.

• He friendzoned you :(

I think you should have told him in person so that you could see his reaction and response.

Its not the end of the world though.

• What does friend zoned mean?

• Oh ok :( well I pretty much ended our friendship by txting back saying I couldn't be his friend anymore with these kind of feelings in my head, so take care and goodbye, he didn't bother to reply :(

• I know it hurts, but if you didn't realize he has no intentions to be with you and is a benevolent type of man, he might have lead you on. Being lead on and being cheated on gives the same pain and suffering.

• Id say if he can be that cold and ignorant of your texts and what you've said to him, you've dodged a bullet. Surely he should have respected you enough to acknowledge your feelings a bit more and try help make sense of the situation,

You deserve better.

• You have officially been placed in the friend zone. he is thinking about the other chick and wants you to be okay with the facts that he is pursuing other people. He may have heard what you said, but he's not listening.

• Dont be bothered too much , it's his lost because he rejected an attractive woman like u, keep the positivity up , and sooner or later u will find better man for sure..

• I think he may have friend zoned

• it's better than being liked back and hanging out together and being close intimately only later after some time not feeling the same or the sparkness gone, look at the bright side

What Girls Said 4

• He was certainly taken by surprise and it seems he doesn't want to discuss that over text. Let him sleep on it.

• Sounds like he just wants to be friends. But that's okay, you can try and move on.. And find someone who likes you as much as you like them <3

• When guys and girls have been in relationships that are strictly friendship based, guys tend to try and keep that friendship base going. So to end up telling him this, probably put him in an awkward position because of the encounter that he previously had with that girl. So don't feel bad. I know you guys will still be friends. From personal experience, trust me:)

• That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. :( Maybe it's for the best though and at least you were able to get it out there that you like him, now the ball is in his court. However, if I was you I wouldn't get my hopes up because it sounds like he's interested in the other girl.