How can I trick my parents into thinking that i'm hanging out with a group of girls when I'm really hanging out with a guy instead?

I am 18 and my parents have this strict rule that I'm not allowed to hang out with guys which I think is ridiculous in my opinion. This guy at school asked me out and I said yes. We agreed to hang out next week. The problem is, I don't have my driver's license and I still live with my parents so they one of them has to drive me to where I am meeting him. I really want to hang out alone with him. How can I trick my parents into them thinking that i'm hanging out with a group of girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't include anyone in a lie. It's cheap of you to ask other people to lie unless it's to save a life or something actually vital in life. Just keep it small. Say you were hanging out with a friend from school, "new" friend. Then go out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Three Options:

1) Tell your parents you're going out with the guy, as you're an adult & don't need their permission to
    2) Tell your parents you're hanging out with friends, have them drop you off. If they need to see your friends, ask them to stop by the place, so your parents can see them.
    3) Have you friend drop you off

I really think it's BS that your parents won't let you go out on a date, you are not a child anymore, & you should't be treated as such.

What Guys Said 2

• just say you are gonna stay at a friends for the night. get them to pick you up or have your parents take you. actually stay the night there but have him take you to dinner or something. also, get ur DL and that will make it so much easier

• Tell him to pick you up over your friends house, have them take you

What Girls Said 4

• Parents aren't as dumb as you think and the stricter they are, the more they know. Are you still in high school?

• No I'm a freshmen in college.

• No. They are just very controlling and strict.

• Wow! Well, if I were you, I'd make sure I got out from under their thumb. Get a job, a car and a place to call your own. There's no reason for them to be that way. I understand worrying about your kids, but controlling them so much just leads to this very problem.

Here's a scenario: you sneak around with this guy and he winds up kidnapping, raping and/or killing you. Or, you get into an accident. Whatevere. They'll know nothing about it. They can't help you or find you because they don't know where you are. You're screwed and so are they.

Them controlling you to the point of you having to sneak around causes problems. You lying and sneaking around causes problems (I know, I did it). Best thing, if you aren't going to become independent from them, is to speak up for yourself.

• Just lie and get your friend to back your up.

• Ask one of you mates to cover for you basically ask your parents to drop you to her house stay with her for a 1 hr that give you parents time to get home and you should be good to go unless your parents are supper spy lol

• Be a woman and go out with the guy. Can he pick you up?