Was he going to ask me on a date?

So I have a crush on a higher up co worker. The thing is, I don't know how he feels about me. He's very quite and never opens up. The other day we were sitting together making small talk. He asked me if I had the next day off of work. I said no. He just returned to his work. I looked on our schedule and saw he happened to have the next day off of work. So I asked, what are you doing on your day off tomorrow. He turned to me an said, I guess I'll stay home and watch TV, or maybe go get some coffee? This puzzled me so I came back with a silly small talk response of, I wish I had a day off. And that was the end of it.

I'm wondering if this was his way of asking me to go and get coffee with him. He's very shy, very closed off. He really only talks to me at work. I'm not sure because I've never met such a shy person I was interested in. I'm the kind of person who says things flat out. Its confusing me.

• he was asking you out
  • he was just making small talk

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what the answer was... but that is the worst "ask out" I've ever heard of.

And if it wasn't, who talks about getting a cup of coffee as the highlight of a day off?

When he's back at work, say something like "Yeah, I was wondering if you wanted to get some coffee when I got at break at lunchtime yesterday"

What Guys Said 3

• When you get to work tomorrow, tell that man he has great taste

• If he's telling you he's getting coffee on his day off, he was probably expecting you to jump on it.

• Your beautiful so I don't see why not

What Girls Said 1

• I'm answering just cause i want to see the results.. lol it seems like he might have wanted to ask you out