If a girl rejects a kiss, is it over?

I had a date tonight. I went for a kiss at the end of the night but she said 'no but thanks'. I know its a bad sign and its not like we've known each other long. We've only known each other for a week. Other than the kiss, we get along really great and the conversation is really flowing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she was thinking it was to early for a kiss. If you can see that she is flirting with you back (playing with hair, touching your arm or leg, eye contact, laughing and smiling) thats a really good start, other then that she coukd be taking things really slow, or the worst (which im unsure of the circumstances you guys are in) friendzoned you, lets hope its not the last one..

What Girls Said 2

• It hasn't startes to be over so relax i dont let men jist kiss me it can make you feel uncomfortable. Try to arrange another date soon and see how her body language is if. she leans in when you talk looks away and cheekily smiles when you make eye contact she is into you but if she is sat back relaxed but doesn't get close then she is zoning you to friends!!!

• Some of us girls don't kiss just any guy. You just met her so maybe she is not comfortable yet to kiss you. That doesn't mean she doesn't like you.

What Guys Said 2

• Hmm. That is a bad sign in my book. If there is some chemistry or spark a kiss is a great way to end a successful date. Maybe it wasn't a "real" date to her. Maybe you two haven't talked enough before the date. Who knows? If this was a first date I would be ok with it. Not everyone has to kiss on a first date. It is just really nice to end a date like that. To me, no kiss = only interested as friends / kiss = interested in a relationship. All you can do is try for another date and see what happens.

• No, as long as you stay cool and maybe a little aloof, that shouldn't hurt you.