Would you be okay with your S. O spending time with their friend of the opposite gender alone at the friend's house?

Would you be cool with this type of situation or would it bother you? Would you even allow it?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Allow it?" I don't "allow" my bf to do things. I'd be alright with if they were friends for a long time. I hang out with my best guy friend one and one and stay at his house, but that's because my family doesn't live where I grew up anymore. So when I want to visit ALL of my friends there, I need a place to stay, and he has his own house with a guest bedroom. I'd be more skeptical if they just met and were hanging out one on one all the time and not in a group (like most people do). That being said, I wouldn't try to stop him either. I trust him to use his own discretion on what is and isn't appropriate.

What Girls Said 15

• Would you be okay with your girl hanging out at another guy's house all by themselves while watching a movie? Picture them both sitting on the sofa and she kicks back with her feet across his lap. He starts rubbing her feet and it feels good. She realizes that her boyfriend doesn't rub her feet. He secretly likes your girlfriend and decides to go a little higher on her legs. He's not worried about you. The flesh is weak and she likes what she's feeling. Is she gonna stop him. People do things with the best intentions, but shit happens. Never place yourself in a possible compromising position.

• Wow.. so I take it you would NOT be okay with that situation after the vivid picture you just painted with that.

• Haha this made me laugh so hard, when my best friend and I hang out, there's no physical contact at all, and we get into deep movie conversation. My bf at the time was out of state for work and so I just went to my best friends place as usual, lol, there was no way cheating would be involved.

• Lol. It's just a scenario. It's not going to happen with everybody and each person has their own opinion on the subject. To each his own.

• um NO. That's just rude and disrespectful. I would never be alone in private with another guy who isn't family or one of my boyfriend's good friends. Also with my boyfriend's friends I would only be alone with them if he had to go out real quick not hanging out with them one on one. If you're in a relationship why would a person be hanging out with someone of the opposite gender one on one in the first place? Let's face it the "friends" thing is a complete joke. I've never had or known anyone to have a friendship with the opposite gender in which at least one of the parties didn't want more or wouldn't sleep with them if given the chance, at least past the middle/high school age. That's just my opinion from everything I've observed and experienced.

• That's kind of hard to answer because I've always been my bf's best friend even before we started dating.
    I guess I'd be sceptical if he had a new female friend and my paranoia would kick in.

• Makes sense. You would be less skeptical if it were a long time friend though?

• Of course. If it were a long time friend, there would be no issue.

• Something similar has happened to me. My guy was working so I was hanging out with a friend at the friends house. We went out to eat with a few of his friends. No biggie but my boyfriend freaked out and came over. He just didn't like that particular friend. One of my best friends who has over time become one of his friends too. Came over our house the other day and he was fine with it. I don't think he worries about me, I think it's the guys he worries about

• hell naw..

first of all, i dont really allow female friends, or well, lets say i dont allow 1 on 1 sessions with the opposite gender. talking and stuff is alright, but close friendship, no. because i simply think guys and girls can't be just friends

• What if they aren't at a house alone? Say the went to the movie theater or something. Would you allow that?

• um, date night or what? NO. no hang out sessions with girls. idc where

• Okay, I gotcha.

• Ahhh this is tough! It would be pretty hypocritical of me to say no since one of my best friends is a guy, but I'd still feel a bit uncomfortable. I'd probably compromise and say that it's cool for them to hang out together but only in public. Like I wouldn't care if they went out to lunch or went running together or something. A man and a woman spending alone time in a house is just asking for trouble.

• If his friend was there before our relationship then yeah I have no problem with that. If she is in the picture now,

absolutely not.

• Yeah, totally fine with it... my best friend is a guy and we will never be more than best friends. If I had a SO who had a problem with it, there will be issues.

• I can definitely relate, and there would be issues. I guess that's one good thing about being single, is that you don't have to worry about inevitable problems between the SO and the close friend.

• Yeah, my ex was fine with it, he trusted me and he trusted my judgement of the people I hang around with (which is excellent btw).

• Okay I do trust my boyfriend very much, but I'm not gonna lie, that would definitely make me uneasy, to say the least. I'm not gonna "forbid" him from doing it, but I'd start getting anxiety about it pretty soon after. . .

• I like your answer a lot. You trust him enough to do it, but it would still be a hard thing for you to be comfortable with.

• Hey, it's an honest answer. I trust him. But it still scares me because anyone--ANYONE--can slip up. It's just a bad situation, you know?

• It is a bad situation, for sure. I would never want to be in that situation if I had a girlfriend, knowing it might be awkward for me and she definitely wouldn't be comfortable. But still, it would be great knowing that the girlfriend was trusting and loving enough to let me do it, but not so indifferent that me being alone with another girl doesn't make her anxious.

• It would bother me. I would get jealous and flip shit. Because I have trust issues.

• Not all alone at one of their houses. That's sketch.

• Okay, say you're really close with your boyfriend and you trust him very much. He told you they're just gonna watch a movie. Still no?

• Then it should be fine if I'm there as well. I would never be alone watching a movie with a boy, no matter how much I believe we are platonic.

• Okay, that makes sense. Thank you :)

• tbh even if the girl is his long time friend it will bother me and i will tell him that. i will request him not to go haha!

• Nahhh, I have trust issues.

• I would nvr do sumthing as terrible as dat to ma luver.. i'd rather spend those precious time wif ma luver :*

• Noooooooooope

• Yes it would definitely bother me even if I trusted my man that don't mean I trust the girl and temptations can be easy to fall into but yea I wouldn't allow it why would you be alone at her house?

• They could have been good friends since before he met you. And so they might still enjoy spending time together, private or otherwise.

• Yea but I just wouldn't feel comfortable with my boyfriend spending time alone with another female I feel like one of them would have been attracted to the other at one point or still are but it's ok if I'm there but not them alone definitely not at her house she can come to our house while I'm there

What Guys Said 2

• Sure especially if they've been friends a long time. My girlfriend is a free and independent woman and can do as she pleases. I never understood the concept of allowing our partners to do things. I'd rather know early on whether or not she's the kind of woman to cheat on me instead of learning years later when our lives are more complicated. You gotta always leave someone enough rope to potentially hang themselves with.

• It's not my place to "allow" her to do anything. I just ask my gf not to put herself into any situation that would look bad. If she and the friend used to have a thing for eachother or even just a one way attraction, I wouldn't feel comfortable about it. But if it's just going over to watch a movie, I wouldn't have a problem. It'd ju at be a problem if I wasn't "allowed" to come

• Wait, you would want to go with her to his house?

• No. But if that was a regular occurrence and the one time I asked to come, she said no. Then I would be concerned