Do you think a good thing to fall for a friend? If not, why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've fallen for a friend I'd known for years and it ruined our entire friendship which hurt me a lot but I've also dated a guy I was FORCEFULLY set up with by my roommates and after 3 months together, it didn't quite hurt me that much when it ended. I also felt like I couldn't trust him as much. When we mutually broke up, his last words to me were "it was my mistake for forcing u to continue to go out with me when really we should have gotten to know each other as friends first before dating" since he felt like we could have been a better off as friends. Now, between the two - I still think I would prefer to get to know a guy as a friend first and then see where it goes from there but it's trying not to get stuck in a friendzone that you need to watch out for! My parents met when they were very very young and they became best friends for 22 years BEFORE dating. 2 years after they started dating they got married and have been together for 24 years and counting. Sharing that bond with someone who has seen u at both your worst and best moments and has always been there for you while developing a strong love for one another just sounds so beautiful to me. My parents had it like a love story. I wish I had that =[

What Girls Said 3

• Why not? Everything happens for a reason, and every relationship starts somewhere. Go for it :)

• I think it really depends how long you haveknown that friend. I wouldn't date someone that has been my friend for years simply because I wouldn't risk the friendship.

• It is if they're not married and you suspect they fancy you to some degree. They're fair game, so it'd be worth the shot.

What Guys Said 0