Would you date someone 4 years younger than you? (Only answer if 19 and younger)

So would you date someone 4 years younger if they have intelligence and good looks on their side? Why or why not? (I don't believe its a big age gap compared to people who get married and are 12 years apart) thanks!

• yes i would date someone 4yrs younger
  • no i would not date someone 4yrs younger
Well for me i'm the senior and he's the freshman sorry. I mean I see it commonly at school but reciprocated. I would "do" anything to the guy. Just casual dating you know?
*wouldn't

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I wouldn't care so long as it's legal. Basically the rule should be that if your in the same school clump (GE, Highschool, jr high, college) it's fine. If you're not then a jr can date 8th grader but no lower and in college can date jr but no lower. Generally speaking of course.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm 19 and dating a girl who is 15 is out of the question. 16 is the bare minimum bug ideally she'd be older than that.

It's unfortunate but a lot of 15 year olds are more experienced than me but I just feel 15 is too young to be ready for the type of deep and committed relationship that I Desire.

• Unfortunately for me my limit is possibly a year and a half, but mainly a year. I wouldn't date somebody whoses two years older than me since I dunno. To me it feels morally wrong and just feels a sharp jab when I consider it. When other people do it I'm fine with it of course but if it was me I couldn't bring myself to doing it.

• i would if i didn't have to deal with parents or social scrutiny of being a pedophile and state laws so i am forced to say no

• Are u couger or is he the bid bad wolf. If so cougar I support, the wolf not so much, he might want things your not ready for.

• I've just turned 20 but I certainly would

What Girls Said 9

• I'm dating a guy almost 3 years younger than me and that's as young as I'd go. 4 years is just starting to get creepy. Maybe if I were like 44 and he were 40 but at 21... that's pushing it. And for the record, not sure I'd date 4 years older either. Makes me feel too much like a naive little child.

• If someone dated someone 4 years younger and they were not 22 most people would get in trouble especially if they were being sexually active. I myself do not date guys my age let alone younger! I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 24

• Would it still be illegal if there is no sexual activity involved? I didn't mean sexual activity in the 1st place. Just regular dating

• no i wouldn't not. thats too much of a gap. especially if it starts off in the teenage years.

• I'm not that young but from experience I started dating my bf when I was 18 and be was 15 three year difference. But yeah I would date someone that much younger it's a little tougher when your of age vs their age because of the legality of it. But I prefer dating guys younger then me I don't know why it just always happened that way.

• Well I would hope nobody would date someone else 4 years younger than them at this age. We are teens/preteens. So its drastic to do that rn. But if ur an adult it's not bad. I just wouldn't want to date a 12 year old no matter how mature he acts/ looks.

• guys are already a couple of years slower in maturity... i think it was around 4? another 4 years make it around 8. I'm currently 18... dating a guy with the maturity of a 10 year old doesn't sounds appealing at all.

• Nope. He'd be a 10 year old. That would be awkward.

• That would make him 12. No way in hell. Thats a child!

• I like guys who are older then me, not younger