I'm in the army as no one wants a relationship or anything to do with me. How is that fair?

I understand I don't have a normal profession, I'm an infantryman in the national guard. I train one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. I go to school and work at a gym. I take everything I do seriously and have pride in it. However, when girls find out I'm in the army, they are turned off or away. Why am I shunned/being punished for something I really wanted to do? I can't even get a second date or a first, if they find out right away

And* not as

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend is in the army and he has a similar issue. Like I've told him before I guess its because some girls are scared he could be deployed and expect the worst to happen. The distance, the dangers, the endless negative outcomes are just all things that might factor into why. They might like you but those possibilities could just be deal breakers. Personally for me I would feel honored to date and have a relationship with someone serving our country as long as he was a nice, respectful guy. But like I said some girls fear the worst when it comes to guys in uniform.

What Girls Said 6

• I think its more that they are not well educated when it comes to that stuff so they think it will be a long distance relationship or that they think you will die and they just don't want to go through that.

• Some women may fear that you will be away for long periods of time, & not feel like they can handle that. I personally would have no problem dating someone in the army & would really respect them for what they are doing. The military to me are the only real heroes in this world.

• You're kidding right? I LOVE men in uniforms! It's a big turn on for me. Plus, if my bf was in the army, I would feel safe around him, like noone could harm me. Ain't that a great feeling? :)
    So don't worry, I'm sure there are loads of girls like me out there, you just have to find them :D

• It's not that no one wants to be in a relationship with you because of your profession, it's just because you have yet to find the right woman for you. I'm pretty sure your a great guy and you'll eventually find the one for you.

• You being in the army wouldn't stop me from talking to you. I actually like army guys, it shows me your motivated. So not all women are like that, just gotta find the right ones, which you will eventually.

• I'm pretty sure that's not it. A lot of girls love army guys/man in uniform types. What about the rest of your buddies? They have a hard time too? If there's a lot of distance between you though, and you can't spend much time together, that's a problem.

• They like to just hook up/one night stand. Im looking for a meaningful relationship

What Guys Said 3

• OH HELL NAW man !
    Fuck those girls , you're out there for your country and those bitches run away with the tail between their legs.
    Fuck em.

In this age of internet dating , people ain't got no patience no more. You gotta go find the right person man.

• Back where I'm from. People respect those in the army and a women flock to those who have served. I don't know about western countries though.

• So many people are more liberal so they see you as a cold hearted killer, especially the infantry. I'm a sweet dude, but I'll kill you in a heartbeat if I have too. You don't get respect or a chance like you used to

• hippies.

• Yup and they're plentiful...

• You're picking the wrong women

• That's what everyone says so how is it possible that every woman is the wrong woman? It's not

• Open up with what you do from now on, so you can speed up the process. You can move onto the next one

• At least I'll always have god haha and yeah I'll start off with letting them know what I do and all that fun stuff lol that'll speed it up for sure haha