Does my boyfriends mom hate me? Or is she just a bitch?

Well My boyfriends mom bought me a phone ( IPhone) . My family doesn't have a lot of money so she was being nice. Recently I dropped it.. and it cracked... She wants 180$ for it.. She gave it to me... Also since it happened she doesn't let us see each other much.. She always has an excuse to why he cant.. help.. am I just being dramatic or should I give up on this relationship..

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya it sounds like his mom is the manager of your relationship. Don't let him be a mommas boy. Pay it just to get her off you're back. But don't accept anything else from her. And yes it sounds like she's kind of a bitch. Especially if you've been nothing but nice to her.

• Thank you! We actually just broke up. Im not going to put up with it. She is constantly causing us to argue.

• There ya go. Good riddance.

What Guys Said 8

• A phone breaks and I think once in a while everybody does that. It should not be a big issue.
    I think your boyfriend mother is a bit conservative for his son and also quite belligerent. She wants to keep her son for herself and will find any excuse to stop him.
    But frankly there are many mothers like that and I cannot blame any mother for being like that as it is induced in there nature to be extra protective.
    If you like that guy you have to also take care that his mother likes you so that your relationship can me enjoyable. If you have already broken up think of buying the new iPhone, I heard that is awesome.

• That's why you don't accept expensive money gifts from people, especially when you're a teenager. Only leads to problems.

• I thought all white people were rich.

• She bought you the phone, why does it matter if you dropped it? Its yours. Tell her to bug off and if you need me to knock on her door lemme know. I've already done a few favours around here.

oh and IN on thread.

http://i.imgur.com/bklZ5kM.gif

• This is why you ALWAYS put a good as case on your phone.

• Just have the screen replaced, it will save you some money.

• Probably just a puta y una gringa. Don't give up on the relationship though

• Did the phone come with some contract/data plan that she's also paying for? It seems if the iPhone was $180, it was probably part of some deal.

Unless it was an older/used version that was unlocked and you provided your own SIM card and are paying your own phone bill.

• My mom is paying the bill.. she just bought the phone..

• Sounds like a shitty situation. Whatever is going on with your boyfriend, it sounds like his mom is calling the shots. Are you in high school? I would bail on him and keep the phone lol, just get it repaired for $40

• Yes im a senior. Lol I think I should bail also.. I can't be dating a guy that his family doesn't like me.. its going to go no where. thanks!

What Girls Said 3

• Frankly, I think it's both.

• it seems as though she's holding the phone over your head and she feels like you "owe" her. My aunt does that to her daughter in law and she's always so bitchy. I wouldn't accept any more "gifts" from her.

• You pay for it yourself. Why does she owe you money for it when she is the one who gave it to you

• Actually I was on your side until you called me stupid

• I read it wrong sorry girl.