How long was your shortest and longest relationship? What made you decide to breakup with them and why?

every says that loves hurt, but i think breakups are tough, i want to breakup with my gf, but its only been 3 days and i dont want to make any stupid decisions so i want to hear from you guys out there with more experience than me.
(btw im having a LDR with her, but it seems that with each day passes, so does our love grow weaker)

edit: everyone says that love hurts*

Most Helpful Girl

• I would break up a long distance at this age. If you have doubts so early you are better walking away now than getting too invested.

I had three boyfriends all relationships lasted three to four months. My first I was in high school and he dumped me. We were both at different camps for most of our relationship so it was more like one month

Second one I was in college my family didn't like things about him and I felt that I should end it so I did. We did not want the same things in life.

Third one was three months over the summer till a few days ago. I had high hopes and he didn't want to break up. It probably could have lasted a long time. But I felt he was not respectful and that he would keep me around for sex and fun for years and never take the next step towards marriage. Considering I will be 24 soon I don't have time to waste with a guy who is nowhere near ready to get engaged or married any time soon and I knew he was not a guy I felt comfortable tying myself to as a boyfriend after a few months. I am glad I called it off before things got ugly.

I also dated a guy on and off for over a year between second and third boyfrkend but that was a big mess and we were never exclusive.

• well its good that you made good decision.. to be honest, before my gf and i were in a relationship, damn we had the best times, we laugh all day just by texting and we usually tease each other, she would lie about being mad at me and get me all worried then she just laughs at my reaction. but now the spark we had is either losing its light or is totally out. i just wished that we were never in a relationship because i love the good old days were we have fun and yet still like each other. :'(

What Girls Said 6

• Shortest was 6 months back in 6th grade. It was *super* official lmao

Longest is currently going on. It will be 3 years next Wednesday.

• my only two relationships:

shortest i think 7 months... he didn't want me talking to my best guy friend that I've know forever. i don't DO distrust.

longest was 5 years... still talk to him constantly. he's my bestfriend. had to let him go live his dream and travel the world with his band.

do what your heart tells you feels right, don't listen to your brain. my break ups sucked but i knew they were right for both sides of the relationship.

and

• Longest is 2 years and still going. Shortest was 4 months

• Shortest - a few months.

Longest - hard to say. One was on and off, another was largely LDR. My current relationship is going on 10 months and I'd say its the longest.

• Shortest, one week. We broke up because he didn't understand what he was feeling and wasn't ready for a relationship. Longest, 4 months. We broke up because summer was approaching and he would be in Mexico and the long distance wouldn't work.

• I dont go out with just anyone I think if I go with a guy out its suposly because we love/like eschother and it to last.... My shortest relation was 7 months ... We broke up because... My neighbor wanted to hukup with him... And she was my friend( thot since that day) my longest 2 years we broke up because I moved out the city.... Kinda??

What Guys Said 3

• if you aren't into something or the relationship isn't progressing you should end it. there's no point, and it's not fair to you or her to continue a relationship that you aren't invested in

my longest relationship? the one I'm in now 3 years and 8 months
    shortest? maybe a few weeks

• Probably about 30 seconds.

I said my wedding vows to my slice of pizza but, my animalistic urges forced me to eat her. I regret it to this day.

• Shortest- nonexistent

Longest-nonexistent