Is it good to go back with someone depressed and sad?

I use to self-harm a long time ago, but I eventually came out of it because it wasn't worth it. My ex wants to get back with me, but he is always sad and depressed and I am always happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• mmm idk. it depends on your willpower. if you won't allow him to drag you down to his level of emotions then it can't harm you but you really gotta know yourself well before you make that decision.

What Guys Said 4

• If me being with them helped them snap out of it, I would try. If the depression is clinical and cannot be help, I would not take part in a relationship like that. Depression is a self destructive sickness. I want to be in a relationship that I actually enjoy being in. I can't be part of a relationship with someone who cannot function and brings me down. I hate to say it, but some depressed people try to hurt themselves and take loved ones with them. I can't be with someone who has that dangerous potential.

• try to cheer him up then LOL

• Why interfere with his problems? Wait until he isn't depressed or he gets help or something.

• Offer him your support only until his condition improves, but not a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• No dont go there eventually it will bring you down to how he feels