Is it true that regardless of personality, cute or pretty girls generally only date guys that are also cute or handsome?

I'm considering dropping my standards because some of my friends tell me I can't get a gf because my standards are too high but I don't even want a model or anything like that. Just somebody I am attracted to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you want to stay alone for the rest of your life? This is a major problem for men. In the past men had the luxury of women being dependant on them so women would easily settle for less. These times have changed, luckily for us women. So yes, women now do demand more also on the physical part.. logically right.

First of all.. You have to really look at yourself critically. You're friends are probably right. I can see your face and part of your body. If you want to continue being so critical of women you need to look at yourself the same. Start going to the gym and bulk up if you want someone that is way out of your league. Dude.. GET REAL! What do you really have to offer a better loooking guy can't offer? What makes you stand out? Why should they spend their attention on you if they can get it from someone else who is more attractive?

I hope this is not perceived as mean, but some boys need a reality check. Everyone is attracted to beautiful people, but you need to start learning to see the beauty in less attractive people. You think 'less attractive women' are not attracted to beautiful men? They are, but they are realists! They know he's out of their league so they focus their attention to the ones that are in their league.

• So essentially I'm not cute or attractive at all and a pretty girl can do way better than me? What's ugly about my face?

• I don't think you're ugly, I hate that word. There's nothing wrong with your face. You're just not my type, but that's okay.. not everybody will be attracted to you. I'm not everybody's type either, big deal. I don't know what girls you're chasing after but if even your friends tell you to lower standards.. that says a lot about the difference in leagues ;) If you're friends tell you that, listen to them and really reconsider how you view women. What type of girls are you attracted to? What league are you aiming for? Give an example than we can assess if it's maybe you're approach needing help in stead of what your friends say (aiming to high).

What Girls Said 4

• Typically, yes it's true.
    Attraction may be subjective and there may be girls who consider you attractive, but if you whine all the time about not being able to get a gf, then you lose a lot of points because desparation is a trait that most people (men and women) avoid in potential partners.
    I'd suggest you to change your opinion about yourself, to find some ways to self-improve, to seek some interests and THEN to pursue women.

• Well you need to be attracted to someone physically. That's just how it is. That's not all that matters but attraction is part of what drives people to fall in love with someone.

• So how low should my standards be do you think since cute girls never really return interest? Pic is me

• Beauty is subjective. I don't know how it's possible to lower your standards... you can't force yourself to feel something when you don't. In fact, I don't even believe in this league/standards thing. You like who you like, you either feel it or not... it's no complex than that.

• You don't really see two attractive people together for some reason. I like attractive guys but they're full of themselves and usually want the easiest, looks aren't too in competition with their own, most submissive girl they can find. That's usually the girls they have under their belts. Attractive girls are seen with more what some people call 'normal' guys bc they'll generally get treated with more respect and they can be nicer then the egotistical pretty boy. So if this is true. If I ever meet a cute guy not a celebrity, not a thot and not an asshole I'll let you know.

Maybe you're asking the wrong girls and looking in the wrong places for yourself?

• Attraction varies by person so no worries.

What Guys Said 7

• First step in becoming successful with women... stop listening to others... starting of course after this...

Be sure of yourself and make yourself happy. Everything else comes in a distant second but in doing so, everything else does fall into place. Screw what your friends think. If you're not attracted to the girl, DO NOT try and seduce her into a relationship; that's backwards logic.

• They've done studies that show that people usually end up with people who they would "rate" the same as they'd rate themselves.
    So in general cute guy goes with cute girl. But, that's just in general... of course anything can happen.

• I've seen attractive pretty girls with very homley looking guys, overweight guys, and grungy unkempt guys.

• No matter how amazing your personality is, there's always someone that has amazing personality AND looks better. So why should the hot girl/handsome guy settle for the unattractive guy/girl? There's no reason to.

• Get a better picture lol, lit by monitor light and you look unhappy.

• Attractive girls are in demand and, as a result, they often have high standards with regards to who they date, etc. So, yes, they tend to go for good looking, well to do, or popular guys.

But, of course, there are exceptions.