What's most attractive to girls: looks or confidence and personality?

It seems that some girls are just about looks when hooking up/ having a long term relationship with a guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Varies individually of course. To me personally it's personality, then confidence, then looks, in order of importance. I'm not going to lie and say looks have zero factor because there needs to be SOME tinge of physical attraction. I know a couple of guys who are so unattractive to me that they could be superheros with the world's greatest personalities and the thought of being anything more than friends with them would never cross my mind. No amount of personality could make up for their face. Just no.

However, I also know guys who I don't think are particularly good looking, but I'm attracted to their personalities and confidence, and wouldn't write off being more than friends with them. Looks isn't the be all and end all. Looks are so fragile, you could be great looking one day but then get into some freak accident the next and get your face messed up. And even if that doesn't happen, EVERYBODY eventually gets less attractive as they age. Looks are just a mask that go over who you really are as a person. Who are is what really counts.

What Girls Said 6

• personality... then looks. I like a guy who knows how to be a gentleman and respects a woman. I find kind-hearted, sweet and somewhat shy guys to be the most attractive in my eyes as I'm kind of shy myself. I don't like guys who like to draw a lot of attention or make big scenes as I dated a guy like that and it made me uncomfortable so him being good looking didn't help the relationship at all! With that in mind, if he dresses like a slob (pants hung low, holes in his clothes... etc) then that tells me he's lazy and doesn't think very highly of himself.

• confidence is one of the sexiest things in the worlddddd. BUT there's a difference between confidence and cockiness.

• Looks make us turn our heads, but good looks usually mean most are going to end up being a slight asshole (keyword MOST, dont get your panties in a bunch men).

Confidence is hella sexy.

But personality is what makes us stick around.

You do all three and you're #1 in People's Most Sexy list

• If you're a complete asshole even the best looks won't make up for it.

• A healthy balance of attraction and comfort plus some shared perspective on life.

• The right combination of all of those is magic.

What Guys Said 3

• Looks and confidence is what attracts them at first, but when the interaction begins, personality is the most important.
    Yeah, I know that I'm a man saying this, but it's what most of the girls are gonna tell you.

• All 3 are equally important.

• i think money :D