I am 20 years old and I have never had a boyfriend or even been asked out. When I tell people this they are shocked. People I have told on here were shocked and they said they would date me.They can't believe that I have never even been asked out. I am told all the time by my parents that I am beautiful but it doesn't make me feel better because no one has ever shown interest in me to make me FEEL attractive (besides a stare from across the room). It makes me feel bad afterwards because I honestly do not know what I am doing wrong. Why am I so scary to the opposite sex ? I would consider myself more reserved or introverted. I do have morals and know what I don't like. I have come to the conclusion that maybe there are no guys that really want a real relationship out there. My girlfriend get guys all the time that are not worth anything, but at least she has some prospects whereas I have zero. I don't mean to be mean to her either, but she is a mean person and she is not that handsome either yet guys fall over her. Why or why is this!?!? I don't understand, please give me some advice. I
Most Helpful Guy
1) People are shocked because you're obviously attractive. =) Smile more, the advice about approachability is true. If you look like a b* it may turn/scare off guys.
2) Where do you go to meet guys? Are you in college?
3) There are guys who want a real relationship, trust me on this one. Just look on here and I'm one for sure. I do admit its a little rarer in this day and age just due to the way MTV and other teen shows are like, but we do exist.
4) Don't feel weird about the non-dating. Its perfectly fine to have never had a Boyfriend yet. I know plenty of girls that are the same or those that started dating past the age of 20. Spend time with friends and have some fun.
5) It seems your girlfriend is either lowering her standards or just putting herself out there a lot. Ask yourself if that's the lifestyle you want, you can always continue being yourself or change.
I don't know you or your friend personally so of course take everything with a grain of salt. Just using my experience as a 22 yo college student.