Does my boyfriend sound a bit controlling or am I wrong?

I've been seeing my boyfriend for about 2-3 months now. There are a few things, that he has told me which has made me think that he is a bit controlling and dominant.

On our second date, he said that he expected his future wife to stay at home and take care of the kids. He wouldn't want her to work.

He also said that he wouldn't want his gf to have guy friends, because he knows what 'animals' guys are.

I went on a month long holiday and after I got back he got really mad at my mom for trying to take me away from him. He also said that he hoped I wouldn't go away again for so long.

He has got a problem with my mom being involved in my life and even broke up with me about it, since she wouldn't let me stay over at his place.

Why does my bf have such a huge problem with my mom?

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy is behaving like he needs all the control. Mom is a threat to him. If you stay in this relationship do so with caution and be ready to bail if he repeatedly shows you this excessive need for control. Right now it doesn't sound like this is a healthy relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• Definitely controlling... He doesn't like your mom because she's a person you're spending time with instead of him. Guys like this haven't fully grown up. They're still in the it's mine so no one else can have it (most people leave this stage as kids when they learn to share their toys). My advice is to get out of the relationship and stay out. Life is hard enough without someone not only being this controlling, but lashing out at anyone and anything keeping you from him.

• He is a bit controlling and that's why he doesn't get along with your mom.

What Girls Said 5

• Your bf has a huge problem with any other authoritative role in your life because he wants that to be him. Because he is crazy.

• No idea, maybe because your mum has you i assume. Your mum took you for a long holiday and your boyfriend didn't like it. And also because your boyfriend wants you over at his place and your mum doesn't like that idea. Sounds like your boyfriend doesn't like your mum.. Because.. Well she is in the way

• Been there and got the t-shirt. Yes he is controlling. My ex hated my family cos he knew how much they meant to me, I was allowed male friends or friends at all really. I spent 7 years with him and things just got worse. In the end I suffered physical, emotional, financial and sexual abuse.

Just be careful. Once your caught up in it, it's hard to break away

• Umm yeah that's all a bit much to me.

• he seems possesive and really protective.. this MIGHT lead into problems if you're socially active type girl