Would you get mad if one of your friends is dating your ex?

One of my closest friends is dating my ex boyfriend, I'm not mad at the fact that they're dating but I'm mad at the fact that she didn't tell me. In my opinion, I would never date my friend's ex, that's something wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think once someone is your ex they are totally free from you and can date whomever they like. And just because the relationship didn't work out with you doesn't mean it may not work out with the friend. So while the situation may not be ideal, I don't think it makes one a bad friend for doing so. However I agree that she should have told you. By not telling it's basically hiding the relationship, which is being sneaky and not a good friend.

• Yeah, She was trying to hide it from me, I found out because I saw them together and then she completely stopped talking to me and deleted me from everything. I don't know what I did wrong.

• She could have just been scared. She may have figured you would react negatively or even stop being friends with her altogether. She could have also been embarrassed. Or she could be conniving (conniving would be if she knew going out with him would hurt you but did it anyway). I don't know her, I can't say. I think this is something she should have discussed with you before getting into the relationship, but maybe try getting back in contact with her and discussing this whole thing with her to see where you two stand?

• It could be a lot of reasons, but i'll move on. I'm not the type of person that holds grudges or anything like that, maybe she doesn't wants to be my friend anymore.

What Guys Said 14

• just let it go. This happens all the time, it is part of the dating rituals. People try to find compatible mates and when someone is not compatible, you break up. After that, it should not matter if your mother starts dating him... well, maybe with your mom... but you know what I mean. It is not always easy to be around an ex in this situation, but you will show maturity by simply wishing them well and getting on with your life.

• No, why would I care? I'm not dating her, am I?

Sheesh, people are So territorial. I don't get it.

• An ex is an ex. As in no more. Why should I care if she dates a friend. If it works for them more power to them. Your friend probably hid it from you because she knew that you would say that it was wrong, just as you did in your question.

• Depends on how close a friend. There's an unspoken off limits rule. You're choosing whether or not you respect the friendship more than you want a chance at a relationship with their ex. Most times.. should stick with the friendship. 9/10 times it leads to failed relationship and a burnt bridge. Might become friends again, but you might not

• I dated one of my bro's exes and it was the longest relationship I ever had. I did go to him when it seemed like we were starting to get serious about the idea before we actually got together. it needs to be discussed by the 2 friends and it heavily depends on the circumstances of the break up

• Hell yea, that's a bro rule, never date you friends ex. That's dishonorable. You know how bad that would feel that guy to see his friends banging his ex? That's messed up!!!

• I wouldn't care, it's not my gf any more, so if he wants to be with her, go for it. What I wouldn't accept is that if I still have feelings for her, he starts dating her, that's a dick move.

• Sorry guy code protects this from happening. I'm not sure about girl code maybe all is fair when it comes to dating, but seriously she should ve a good enough friend to understand right from wrong otherwise f*** her

• Nope I have no reason to be.

• If we broke up but still be friends together yea.. i would be mad.
    However if we broke up out of desperation because the relationship just didn't go well id probabbly be okay with it somehow.

• Na, he can date my strange ex. I'm over it lol.

• I would def not, Its just a code between men. At the end it probably just comes down to personal opinion

• If I cared for her and we had an extensive history together, yes, I would. And he would no longer be considered a friend. If I did not care for her, no.

• Been there before. On both sides of the fence. It was a rule that I shouldn't have ever broken. It's a no-fly zone. Besides, how awkward is it/would it be to be getting advise (if need be) from a friend who used to date the person you're involved with or were involved with previously or vise versa? Awkward as hell and quite messy.

What Girls Said 3

• i would be upset if she didn't tell me as well. i would probably be upset in general though, depending on how long ago it was, how long we were together, and how messy the break up was.

• I know! she was trying to hide it from me. We were together for 2 years and it's been like 5 months since we broke up, but she didn't even bother to tell me anything, and she stopped talking to me.

• she doesn't sound like a very good friend. that's terrible. i would forget her. real friends don't do that.

• thanks, i will do that :)

• No, I don't see a problem with it.

• Well, ummm im engaged to my friends ex, I fell in love with him before they ever became together, and no i did not try and ruin thier relationship, I stayed away , But he left her, and talked to me alot, so i fell for him again, and yeah it went from there, At first i didn't tell my friend, not for bad reasons, but cuz i didn't want her to hate me, i felt guilty , but its not in my hands I've been in love with him for a long time, , ,,