I think he's lying about his age (online dating), not sure if I want to meet up?

I started talking to this nice-looking guy (or at least I thought) on OkC & we exchanged #s and made plans to meet up. He emailed me a recent pic of him at a touristy spot & it shocked me. In his OkC pics he's skinny & almost model good-looking. In the recent pic he looks middle-aged! He's kinda heavyset and balding. I decided to Google him & found him on FB & LinkedIn. Turns out his OkC pics are from at least 6-7 years ago. And he told me he's 27 but looking at his LinkedIn he has 10-15 years of work experience after college, which puts him around mid to late 30s. I feel really superficial but I don't wanna meet up anymore, partly bc he looks middle-aged (I'm only 25) and also bc I'm pissed off at being lied to. How do I call off our first date without being rude?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing wrong with wanting to date a man your age, & being upset that a guy not only lied about his age but who he currently looks like. This guy wants a younger woman, but knows most women won't date an older man, so he lied about his age. Forget about him, & find someone who is honest.

What Guys Said 2

• tell him you don't want to is best. everything else is based on lying. maybe he catfished you and you care about his looks, well. just say no

• Send him a message that does like this. Hey dude I don't want to be rude or anything but get lost.

What Girls Said 5

• Being an experienced online advocate for many Romance And Chance scammers, sweetie, he is probably Not even Who he says who he says He is And may even be someone playing around, for many do, in some African internet cafe in another part of the country... Or even with a Number that may or may not be his 'Real number,' he doesn't sound 'Real' with anything he says...
    I smell a rat in Denmark... If it doesn't feel right, it most likely isn't.
    Welcome to Online dating... II have his 'Number.'
    Just saw this question now... Glad I did...
    Good luck. xx

• I HATE it when guys do this on OKC! A lot of people do this but I find it dishonest and offensive. I'm super honest about my appearance, age, etc and would only want to date someone who is the same.

Trust your gut and intuition.

• he lied to you so don't worry about being rude to him. he wasn't concerned about being rude when he knowingly misled you. i'd just block his number and profile

• Just tell him straight up that you found out he is lying, and if he lies about little things then he'll lie about bigger things. He probably has a wife and is going through a mid life crisis.

• You need to be careful, I wouldn't meet up with him, just tell him straight you don't want to meet.. Doesn't matter if you sound rude, your welfare comes first.