What do you think about high-school relationships?

So many people at my high-school girls and guys are all about who do you like, who are you dating, and so on. But do you actually think it is a good thing to do. I think that is wrong because I still want to be a kid not be tired down by a relationship. And for those people who say it's good practice for marriage, I think that it's good to make mistakes with someone that you love because the relationship can only get better. Am I the only one? Leave your opinion below. Thank you :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont think any of them are "serious", but they are a good life experience whether it ends up good or bad.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, some people do want to be tied down by a relationship. Some people aren't tied down, because it's fun. And I mean some of those people who have really long HS relationships could eventually end up married. Almost every single one of my relatives met their current spouse in high school... but apparently that's different these days?

• Most relationships aren't serious in high school, but I reckon it gives you some basic do's and don't's for college years. Anyways, I think it's kind of fun to just mess around like that. But to each their own.

• Good for practice, sometimes it leads to something even bigger. I have dated a lot in highschool, but I've never cared enough about having a girlfriend that I'd go out of my way to have one.

• Bad dream for others, Lucky day for others.

• The only good that comes out of high school relationships is the experience you get. You basically learn what not to do. There is far too much drama in high school and it just makes them that much more unbearable.

What Girls Said 4

• I did not want to date in high school, at all! I would shoot down every guy who tried to ask me out, because I simply wasn't interested in that stuff. I didn't think relationships were important in that's that stage of my life and I just thought they were unnecessary and a waste of my time.

Then I met this one guy my junior year (his senior year) and he was the only guy I ever seriously liked and I fell head over heels, I wanted to be with him. And we started dating, now we are married and still going strong.

I believe that if you don't want a relationship, that's fine and don't get in one, I know I wanted nothing to do with them until I met the right guy, I just happened to meet him in high school, but that's unlikely for most people.

• I don't want to date, and I agree with you because I like being a kid and not having to worry about "my partner" worrying about me and messaging me all the time. I want to be free, even if I might have a few crushes that I wouldn't persue.

• Its stupid. Don't date In high school. I didn't. And looking back im so glad I didn't. I mean you don't realize it then.. but you are all so young and you don't even know who you are yet, let alone what you want in a relationship.. Waiting till you know all that stuff saves you a lot of headaches and crap you don't want to deal with.

• Everyone is different--do what works for you! Don't get caught up in the hype and feel any pressure to be with someone. If the time comes, and you find the person you want to be with, consider it then maybe. Otherwise, do your own thing :)