How do you feel about online dating?

How do you feel about online dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with online dating. Many people do have their qualms, but it is a relatively new medium, and people always fuss over the new. Fact is, human interaction is gaining a greater presence digitally. Online dating is simply an extension of this phenomenon. Online dating removes a lot of the "hit-and-miss" of dating by matching you with people sharing similar interests. As far as relationships go, there is no difference in quality between those who meet people the old fashioned way, and those who meet online (the exception being your "How did you guys meet?" story will likely not be so romantic).

A lot of the stigma surrounding online dating stems from either the older generations, having trouble acclimating to the new medium of dating, or the younger generations raised by television, where sitcoms mocked online dating. So yes, there will be those who think that online dating requires desperation and shows weakness, but that is just ill-informed tripe from those who refuse to accept the direction social interactions is heading.

All that said, I have never personally tried online dating and don't know what to actually expect; however, if quality of matches is a concern, I know a few people who do use online dating and they have no huge flaws of character and are at least mildly attractive.
    Note: These are people in their early twenties. I cannot account for other age groups.

What Guys Said 8

• I have done it before, just for kicks sort of, and I met some really nice girls, but they all lived too far away for me. 2+ hours, not much, but enough that I didn't get to see them much. I would only online date if after college I have no partner, and no easy way to meet people. But on the plus side, you can easily meet someone with the traits you want in a person with online dating, which is cool.

• I think it's totally wrong, morally and mentally.

It is unnatural and a sign of social weakness to go online and find someone to date. Let alone the appearance of the incapability to socialize in the real world; it also shows that you have low self-esteem about yourself and have to go online to feel secure, which is yet ANOTHER sign of weakness as a person.

I strongly suggest you refrain from this idea and discourage all others on attempting/going through this lifestyle.

Good luck.

• i lol'd. Morally wrong? Come now...

• Absolutely, in terms of social incapability and growing social media addiction, I'd definitely say it's morally wrong.

• I am going to try is soon. Always thought it was silly, but everything changes with time.

• What changed your mind? & I thought the same but I figure why not?

• Well when I started dating was before online dating was popular, then I got married, now that I am unmarried it is what everyone is doing. Gotta keep up right? It makes sense, skip all the figuring out common ground part

• You can't vouch for the other. Many spammers from West Africa, men posing as women.

• Never tried it so where shall we meet and I'll tell u what I think after the date lol x

• I see nothing wrong with online dating, given you have to be a little more cautious with some personal information, given you may not be able to see your significant other. Other than that, as long as you two are happy - that's what matters.

• I've tried it a few times, which is unreliable,

• Bar none online dating sites are a complete waste of a guys time.

What Girls Said 4

• I like it. I'm super oblivious to when guys are interested in me, so I have a way of accidentally seeming disinterested when I don't respond flirtatiously, haha. Online dating tends to make it more clear. I still feel a little embarrassed when I admit that I met my boyfriend online, though. I think there's still a bit of a stigma. :/

• I know what your talking about with the stigma idea but I'd really just like to get out there again but I feel lost on how to do it, so I was considering online dating again but still I'm lost.

• I liked OKCupid a lot. To be honest, I haven't tried any others, so I can't really compare. But I know it's free and it works well, and they have a good system going.

• Ok thank you

• I did online dating got my last relationship from it. its a hit or miss for everyone. Think its great when you work and go to school full time

• i like it because i am very shy and it is easier, because u dont have to go on a lot of dates and than figger out if u like them, but instead u can talk first.. but i hate the part where im never sure if its not some creep.. or if he doesn't have a gf.. so i dont really do it anymore

• there is the potential of meeting a serial killer

• Same potential exists meeting someone in person.