Please answer all three
1. Do most women want boyfriends
2. Do most women not like being single
3. I was told that a lot of girls don't need boyfriends because they get emotional support from friends. If this is the case, why do women bother dating men?
Most Helpful Girl
I don't think it's fair to comment on behalf of other women. It's like saying "do all men want size 4 supermodels" - not everybody wants the same thing. I will comment from my viewpoint instead.
1. I want a boyfriend. I have a boyfriend.
2. I don't dislike being single - it's nice to have my own space, do my own thing, be my own boss, have space in the bed, etc. However, it's nice to be close to someone - cuddle someone for no reason, share moments with etc.
3. Girls can provide the emotional support yes, but for me I also require romantic support (and no I don't JUST mean sex). Being told I'm pretty, being loved, being stroked, being appreciated more than "thanks for listening you're a good friend". You can't get that from friends on the same level - you love each other, but it's not like a boyfriends' love. I do rely heavily on people close to me for advice and support, but my boyfriend provides me with a sense of security, a feeling of a future, a feeling of stability, as well as emotional support. Of course, it may all be in my head; but my aim is to settle down and start a family. I want to start a family with my best friend and my lover, not just any random dude who's spunking like an excited jack in the box.0