Would you date a muslim girl who doesn't practice her religion?

I jus wanna know if anybody would date a muslim girl. I dont practice my religion. I dont care if he wouldn't convert, thats hos choice,

And my family wouldn't 'kill' me or the guy im dating. Seriously people its the 21st century. Things are changing
I've drank before, smoke weed sometimes. I dont eat bacon, dont like the taste.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I don't really care about her religion as long as she isn't pushy.

What Guys Said 28

• Frankly, I would be too scared of being murdered by her family or someone from her religion, even if I would personally find her ideal to date. Unfortunate, but I can't risk it when my life and that of my family is at stake.

• How pathetic, nobody would murder ya. And ya family loool wtf

• I think people over think things about muslims. If you did date a muslim girl, no harm would ever come to you're family. Live in england not in pakistan where it would be more serious and scary. Same with you, if i got with a white guy id move with him

• Well... yeah, the country does seem to matter a lot. I reside in India, and here even while passing through certain Muslim-dominated areas of my city, we tell each other to talk in soft voices and avoid saying anything religious because we're scared that if some Muslim hears us, we're all gonna end up brutally murdered even if we didn't specifically say anything against Islam. And people here are usually apprehensive about employing Muslims for non-skilled work such as driver, waiter etc. unless the employer also happens to be a Muslim. Like most people are scared that these Muslims may secretly be part of some terrorist outfit.

For example, a sweet middle aged Muslim couple lived across the street from us, since several years. one day we see cops over there, and they tell us that the couple has fled and there were some crudely made bombs in their house.

Its not even half as bad as Pakistan here, but not quite as 'safe' as England too (while dealing with Muslims, that is).

• No. If she doesn't practice it that's great, but if she still identifies as part of the faith, there's the possibility of her going back to the religion at some point.
    A former-Muslim, however - sure. It'd be really cool to have someone who had the sense of scepticism to break free from Islam. It'd be something intriguing we could talk about occasionally.

• Captain awesome its been a few months how are you doing ;)

• Bacon is rank. Dont like pigs.

• fuck the 5 0 lol

• No. If she identifies as Muslim, then she is a Muslim. She may not practice her religion right now, but she could start practicing it two years from now, and that practice may involve compliance with Sharia. If we have a child together, then she would try to deprive me of the right to instruct my children, because she would consider it necessary to instruct them in the ways of Islam. Because I cannot read the future, I cannot say whether a non-practicing Muslim woman would do that, and I am not willing to accept the risks.

• If i had a child with a white guy id come to a pretty good decision. Ill raise the child how he wants. Things would be easier for my child, better than i have it. Jus saying

• If you don't practice your religion and neither your parents (phew. Indeed, getting murdered sucks, and I wouldn't date anyone who tries to convert me and especially someone who would force my kids to be circumcised), why do you identity as if you did, as a Muslim?

• Many beautiful muslim girls here in india but non Muslims hardly risks themselves in getting involved with muslim girls because the chances are both boy and girl would face dire consequences if not parted away and that means death is inevitable.
    Also Muslim girls never show interest on men most of the times. Even if she shows it, other Muslim guys are a threat.

• Sure if she really isn't a Muslim, but only have an Islamic bagging (her family is or was Muslims), then no problem, if she want to practise her religion I'll pass.

I don't mind girls (or men for that matter) from Islamic countries, I only mind religious practise - same goes for Judaism and Christianity by the way.

• no i'm not into religious people

• I clearly said not practicing her religion.

• i think muslims aren't so loose like christians when it comes to religious matters

• Yep, I'm in :)

Though if her family are insane and stone aged in their outlook, maybe not...

• Yeah, I would. Just like with ethnicity, religion would not bar me from dating a woman. If I like her, I like her. That's all I or anyone else needs to be concerned with.

• Yup, I could date a girl like that. I'm an atheist, so it's maybe a bit of an unlikely pair, but it could be cute! ^ _ ^

• If you don't practice, you're not really muslim. I'd date a girl from the middle east who wasn't religious, sure. But I wouldn't date one that smoked weed.

• Um no because I would end up murdering you're family for murdering you won't take that kind of risk and you even posting this up can get you killed! thats basically saying you are an apostate i would still try and protect you though.

• Annoying that you think my family would murder me. Its the 21st century. Times are changing. Its more cceptimg

• I do but you can't think every muslim family/father is like that

• right and how am I supposed to know when Islam says lying to infidels like me is allowed?

• Personally, I prefer to date only atheists. It's in my opinion that anyone with an imaginary friend is somewhat, too irrational for me.

• You are an Independent woman of the 21st century who drinks, smokes, eats and does all sorts of things applicable in the 21st century. I wonder why do you have to bring you Religion to get a catchy headline.

• My parents are both muslim and I don't practice Islam I am agnostic so yes I would.

• Do you eat bacon? Do you drink?

• Yes... it's their heart that counts... if I connect with their heart... I know I'll like them & want to date them...

• In a heart beat. Middle eastern girls can be smoking hot.

• Doesn't make a difference to me whatsoever.

• I can't imagine why I wouldn't.

• I actually did this before and it was one of the best relationships I had.

• Aww really? I think guys from different races should be more open minded

• Yeah, definitely. For me converting would be the only real issue.

• if I were 13 again and just started to date, then yes

• yeah why not!!

• Yeah, if we're into each other who cares

• As long as she would date a guy that practices no religion ;)

• I think you are the first person ever to not like the Taste of bacon. Yeah I would date somebody like that. I don't care about religion as long as they don't force it upon me

• I am against circumcision, and Islam is for it, but long as she wouldn't mutilate my son's penis, I wouldn't care what her beliefs are.

What Girls Said 4

• Yet you call yourself a Muslim? Sweetie you're NOT one no offence. I can't judge you cuz that's not my place and Islam forbids it. But being Muslim is following Islam you're not unfortunately

• She can still be Muslim she just wouldn't be considered a good one. Just because she doesn't pray, or follow everything in the book cause according to that logic nobody would be considered Muslim cause we have all sinned.

• But i would always class myself as a muslim, yeah but not a good one like you said. No point judging, coz i dont really care what anybody thinks.

• "Yet you call yourself a Muslim? Sweetie you're NOT one no offence. I can't judge you..." You can't judge her yet you just did by telling her what she is and isn't. Hypocritical much?

• If you are not a muslim, then you are not a muslim? Thats kinds bullshit. Either you practice your religion, or you aren't a muslim. Muslim girls actually do get killed, because they are dating a non-muslim (or dating at all) Of course not all of them, but it happens still. In Denmark, a 16 y/o girl just got tortured and halfway killed, by her uncle and parents, because she had a danish boyfriend. If it happens here, then it sure happens a lot of places..

• Its what i refer myself as. I know they do every day but in my family they wouldn't do that. Id rather be with who i wanna be than live a life of a lie

• I feel like most guys would date you. I see no reason for them to not date you.

I'm a nonreligious muslim girl as well. My boyfriend happens to be a not very religious catholic. But my parents are fairly religious so they have no idea about my boyfriend.

• Is it very difficult at times?

• Lol what kind of guys do you know? I'm sure a guy would approach you (Most won't be able to tell you're muslim just by looking at you). I know a couple of muslim girls with interracial relationships. Honestly don't worry about it, guys will approach you!

oh and to HipHop-Kid-UK I would date a black guy
      And yeah I get how it could be awkward if the girl has to hide the relationship. But it's either that or not dating at all.

• Awesome, and its a fair compromise. No point in rocking the boat if there's no need to

• i wish there was a GUY like you :(

• Aww are you muslim?

• Trust me a lot of muslim guys go for white and black girls. Its more accepting! Which is annoying. You can easily find a guy who'll go for you

• nope.. most guys in my state are soo religious and i've heard of them being in a relationship with other religion girls and when their family gets to know about it.. they just dump :/ its like the most important thing to them is their religion. its bullshit ugh!