I met a string of terrible guys.. is something wrong with me?

I decided to start dating again a few months after my breakup hoping I'd meet someone better than my ex. So the 1st guy I met at a social event.. we dated for 7 weeks & he confessed he was still dating & sleeping w/other girls the whole time. When I said I wasn't comfortable w/that & wanted to be exclusive he got mad and said he didn't like me enough to make me his gf & demanded I accept an "open relationship". So yea.. I got the hell outta there

The 2nd guy (old acquaintance) just talked about himself the whole time on the first date & insisted we go to a wine bar/brewery even when I said i don't like drinking. He also wanted me to drive 30 mi to his hometown instead of meeting me halfway somewhere

The 3rd guy I met on OkC.. he seemed super nice but he lied about his age by like a decade! He used old pics on his profile but in reality he was kinda middle-aged and balding -_-.. it was a nightmare. It's weird I usually never have problems w/ppl I meet on OkC

Sorry for the rant, I'm just not sure if I'm doing something wrong to attract these kind of guys (they all happened one after another)? I think I'm a nice person who just wants to find a decent, honest, monogamous guy. I'm SO discouraged with dating right now & just wanna give up..

Most Helpful Guy

• Well one thing I've gathered in the dating world is that there are a large number of liars and fakers in the world. Dating just lets you find out this a lot. People say that online dating is worse than real world dating. I disagree. Its really the same thing, personally I think that the biggest difference with online dating and in person dating is that sometimes it takes a while to cut through the lies and bs that people throw out. People can and do create personas that they play on line. But I've met people who do the same thing in real life.

I've had a bad string of relationships over the last 7 years. Its been an interesting experience. I dont think its you that is causing this, but it could be how you approach, or just bad luck. Id like a sweet honest lady who wants a real relationship, so far over the last few years its one degree or another of lies or fake stories. If it were me I would maybe spend sometime being single and get comfortable with your own company. The issue in doing this is that you have to get comfortable with you, but not so set in being alone that you have issues with going out with people.
    As for OKC I can say that the site has lead me to a lot of dating shenanigans and just sheer WTFuckery that I gave up and have gone back to being a hermit and hanging out with friends and my Xbox.
    Dont be discouraged, if anything its a good learning experience, and it gives you something to laugh at later. Its what keeps me sane.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm going to be weird and answer with an analogy:
    The type of fish you catch will be not only be determined by the bait you use, but also the location you fish. So, where are you fishing, and what bait are you using? . If you keep catching the wrong fish, chances are you are looking at the wrong place, or using the wrong things to attract them.

What I knowalso helps is to always be yourself from the start. This wards of 90% of the trash.

Best wishes :)

• I sorry for you but I not going say you need to go to dating sites... But you know look them up and see why it's on tv 24/7 only visit the ones that have free trials tho. If it works then maybe dating websites are it. By the way who cares if you date on websites.. To be honest I might have to go there for my because I am Christian. My other one is... Convert to Christian but not going tell you I saying that religion has the right values. Dating sites aren't wrong to be honest I would say they know what you want by what you pick they don't ask 5 questions they ask like I don't know prob over 200 detailed questions give it a go I say

• Sadly, 90% of people are assholes. You just have to plow through until you find the good ones. :)

• Nahh, there is nothing wrong with you. I would just up my standards if I were you. I don't even consider dating someone who I know I'm not compatible with. You just gotta keep searching:)

• Sounds like just bad luck.

What Girls Said 0