Yea, as a black man I dont find a lot of black women attractive, is that wrong?

I just don't. a lot of black women I see from my area (LA) who are my age (21) are usually fat and/or overweight. And that is an automatic turn off. Thats it. It has nothing to do with media, or guys thinking "white" skin or "lighter" skin is better, that's what YOU want to think. But the real honest to god truth is that a lot of these women are just fat. When I'm at the gym, I rarely see black women in there. Its always majority Hispanic women and Caucasian women.

I don't date women who aren't in shape, especially at my age, you should be in your prime. There are attractive black women out there, but they are far in a few. Like this one girl I saw at Starbucks, man, she has nice thick legs like a track runner or volleyball players and a huge ass, and a flat stomach. She was studying anatomy I think, she had on some glasses, she was really cute, one of the sexiest girls i've seen period. And she wasn't light or dark, she was just brown. Moral of the story is, when it pertains to black women, because we are talking about black women here only, I usually don't look their way because a lot of them from my experience in my geographical location are not in shape and do not take the time to be attractive, yet they stay complaining blaming their skin tone.

Most Helpful Girl

• The black women in your "geographical location" are not representative of all black women.

Why sugar coat it, if you're not attracted to them, then you're not attracted to them. Simple. It's just not that important.
    You don't have to do the spiel about us being overweight, because in reality we both know that's not true of the majority of black women; who btw, span the world and aren't just found in your country.

• No where did i mention that the BW in my location were representative of all black women. And sadly, the BW from MY area are overweight. about 4/5. Its pretty sad to be honest.

• Hey, thanks man :)

• Thanks for MHO :3

What Girls Said 26

• 33.media.tumblr.com/...m9g5mkxvln1qcmny4o1_500.gif
    If it was about weight you'd say you don't like fat women lol anyhow. A black man not liking black women is not new. It's sad but not surprising. I will never understand the male negros need to put down the female Negro.

• Well, you sound like you aren't rational. Didn't read my post. This question is about black women only. Not Caucasian, Hispanic, or Asian women. And when it comes to black females, a good portion in my area are fat.

• @PhiOmega LMAO!!! That picture 😂 is that a wedding dress? She is so ghetto 😩

@decemberxblue "Joseline hernandez baby" LOL!!!

• Yea, lol

• Stawppppppp ittttttt lmao

http://i.imgur.com/NbwFiBc.gif

You don't have to like black women but you also don't have to partake in the shamming of black women. 9 times out of 10 all of the black women in your family aren't fit and in shape themselves. I can't take you serious. Go read to them what you wrote and let me know what they said.

• Yea their fat. They know their fat, and they dont care. Im not shaming anyone, im just stating a fact. Their shaming themselves. I didn't make em fat. they did.

• No i didn't say that. Thats what you want me to say. I said a lot of black women around here are fat period. Just walk outside and 4 out of 5 black women seem to be fat.

• Wtf lmao you need to reread what you wrote.

And unless you go out counting 5 black chicks on a daily basis, which I doubt you do because you "usually don't even look their way" (or did you not say that either?) that statistic is booty.

• You're saying that it's not about skin color or whatever, yet why is it that your saying you're not attracted to black women?
    You claim that its because they're fat or not in shape then why don't you just say your not attracted to big women or women who are out of shape?
    Instead you specifically say black women.
    There are a bunch of overweight white and Hispanic girls out there too.

• I definitely get what everyone else is saying. You asked if its okay for you to be black and not like black girls. Then you gave your reason, which is because they're overweight. So what a couple of these girls are saying is you're basically trying to justify that you don't like black girls by saying its because they're fat. You could have just saved the time and said you don't like fat women, you don't like black women. Now of course you not liking black women actually is irrelevant because you said you would date one if she wasn't fat. So I say go and/or look somewhere else and stop wondering if it's a big deal that you don't like 'black' women when your actual issue is women who are overweight. Them being black is just an add on.

• You have never seen a not far black woman? Maybe you need to get out more...

I'm black, 5'3. 100lbs. In amazing shape. I play tennis 5 days a week. Coach tennis pros on nutrition. Am very well educated. Travel the world doing service and having fun. Speak 3 languages and am learning two more. And have been proposed to 4 times, two times by white men.

We tend to attract who we are. I know plenty of beautiful, in shape black women.

Again, maybe you should expand you're experience some more. Get out. See the world. You sound angry and ignorant, which is a horrible stereotype of black men that you are proving right...

• Not angry at all. Not ignorant at all. Im just pointing out personal observations that a lot of black women I see are fat/overweight. That doesn't make me ignorant for stating out a observational fact. In fact that somewhat makes you ignorant because you presume every black woman is "5'3 100lbs and in amazing shape", their not. So spare me the disrespectful tone.

• What do you want to discuss? Your question was, "is it wrong to not be attracted to black women because all the ones I see are fat."

It wasn't even a question. As someone else said, it was a rant posing as a question.

My answer: do you. Wrong or right is not the issue. Your limited world view seems to be the issue.

If you don't like overweight black women, great. If there are no non-overweight black women in LA (not true, I lived there for 3 years), and you want to meet some, travel.

But positioning your dislike of black women being that they are overweight = illogical. And referencing some random college classes about argument and rhetoric doesn't make you sound any more logical.

Stay on topic. If you want to ask a question, ask it. If you want to discuss something, discuss it. But don't post a ranting opinion based on a narrow experience, posit like a discussion based question, then get all offended when you get some opinions sent back your way

• And if you're SO worried about all the fat black women in your area, start a work out class or a nutritional seminar for overweight black women in your area. Instead of complaining that there is a problem and disregarding a whole race of women based on some of their appearances, you could actually DO something constructive. You could actually help people instead of judging them

• Who cares if it's wrong or right? If I said it was wrong, would that change your preferences? No. So just do your own thing.

• Of course, it would change my preferences
      I literally can't say no kiri

• @PhiOmega LOL. such flattery is going to make my ego explode :p

• It's one of the few things u can't get me to stop doing, it'd be a herculean task for me not to notice ur beauty and wisdom and not comment on it

• Maybe in your country and area. In general the black girls in my country have the best bodies! I wish I had a body like they have. They're absolutely fit!

• why do black men like you feel they must shout it out on the rooftops that you dont like black women? you're from LA. west coast black folks aren't known to have much ethnic pride anyway so i would actually be surprised that you did like black women.

a lot of black girls are in shape and have nice bodies. and a lot of black men date fat white and mexican women. I don't know what they look like in la though but you'd come back "home" if you were in atlanta llh

• Because black women will shoutout the rooftops anyways before even do anything. And wtf is ethnic pride? Backing up niggas like Micheal Brown? lol.

• you can't be talking about black women like me because you don't even know me. which am I: a food stamp receiving welfare queen or snotty spoiled and bougie? im gonna need for you to decide before you throw insults otherwise nothing you say will make any sense.

so far, we've already established that you're a hood dwelling bum who resents black women. so if you live in the hood its safe to say your mother resides there as well... so the welfare ghetto queen is who? answer: the woman who birthed you! that would explain why you're so angry and bitter but don't worry hun, there's always help for that. in the meantime, save up some money from your next dice game and buy a bus pass out of nickerson gardens so you can broaden your horizons and expand your mind. I've gone back and forth enough with your ignorant behind. I won't be doing it anymore. have a great day, its the first of the month, don't spend all your food stamps in one place! *waves*

• @pr3ttybr0wn We should get coffee one day. You always have great answers. Honestly, this dude is really low :l

• So it's not that your don't like black women. You should say I dot like women who are out of shape. If those women happen to be black then that's fine, but to deem a whole race as unattractive or typically unattractive is a little stereotypish

• Rant done?
    Seemed more like a rant than anything else. lol
    Everyone has their preference in women and nothing is wrong with that.
    -- just as I don't find all white men attractive.
    To each their own.

• There's nothing wrong with having a preference. People say "everyone is beautiful" which is true in a way, but that does not mean YOU have to find everyone attractive. You like fit people? Great. Some people like fat people, that's great too.

• You are entitled to your preferences

• No offense to any race, nationality and gender... <3

But Its not wrong, I'm not American. I'm an island girl Brown skin from the caribbean. As being from the Caribbean we are known to always take care of our appearance, eat healthy, exercise, dress up and look classy at all times. I totally agree as I see frequently a lot of American women don't take care of themselves many is overweight and dress extremely sloppy. Many men from America always ask me where I'm from because I look exotic, mix, pretty etc..
    These men are white, black, hispanic and Asian that say I don't look like an American woman.
    I think all women are beautiful, and should stay beautiful!
    Women need to treat themselves with spa days, join a gym or do some sort of exercise at least two times a week, also eat healthy meals and shop for nice outfits that can be worn all year round.

• *eye roll* Black guys like you are so tired. We are not missing any sleep over you. Next...

• It's really not bad at all. I'm a black and I've never found black guys to be attractive. I've only had relationships with white guys :P

• I can't fathom why that would be a problem... I'm surprised anyone cares anymore, lol.

• No, that's not wrong at all. Everyone is attracted to what they're attracted to.

I'm white but I like black women and Asian men.

• I dont see anything wrong with that. Its what you like, its your preference.

• Everyone has their preferences.

• There's nothing wrong with it. You can date girls of other ethnicities.

• Ok but you say you don't like black women because of their wright when you should just say that you don't like black women at all instead of assuming that all black women are fat. You ghetto and poor black men have no problem chasing fat mom black women LOL.

• This sounds more like a rant
    Those same rants black men use when a white girl turn them down

• WRITE IT DOWN, TAKE A PICTURE, I DONT GIVE A FUCKKK (Smokey vc)
    Date who you like and are attracted to. You ain't stopping no black women from getting any kind of men...

• With your name, perhaps meeting girls from area college sports teams would be a good venture

• i feel like you're waiting for someone to fight back because you're fully loaded with comebacks. you asked a simple question and went into great detail that was so unnecessary haha. it's not wrong at all. your skin color and/or gender has nothing to do with who you should be attracted to. you have the right to think whoever you want is attractive. im glad you know what you want though. thats great! you're right. people your age should be in their prime

• Honestly, I just laugh when I see a black dude putting down black women at this point.

I don't think you want me to get into what the whole world says about black guys...

• He dont care if u get into what they say becuz "he one of the good ones"

• Lol classic

What Guys Said 18

• In my opinion, yes. But I doubt they really care.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/zjwd28.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/i3xf9j.jpg

thefeministwire.com/.../fatima-274x274.png

And more for me!!! <3<3<3>

• Looks like somebody has struck another negro nerve. Boy you knew before you even asked this question you were about to slide down a razor blade into an alchol river.

• So the real problem is overweight women and not their skin tone.
    but he is right, black women tend to be overweight.

4 out of 5 black women are overweight or obese
    commonhealth.wbur.org/.../why-are-four-out-of-five-black-women-obese

African American Women at risk
    www.apa.org/monitor/2013/01/african-american.aspx

• Nope, nothing wrong with it. It's your preference. A lot of black women in your age group have a similar distaste, but for black men. So if its okay for them, its okay for you. Cheers

• btw, you should consider looking at black women outside of your state. It's harder today to date a black woman in their 20's as a black guy because a large number of them date interracially exclusively. Outside of the western world its not quite like that, and the women tend to be more in shape. I have some girls from Nigeria in my class and I think they're pretty attractive. For myself, i find it easier to walk through the eye of a needle than it is to attract a black woman over here, so perhaps consider looking elsewhere

• ya i understand. Personally my problem with black women have never been their looks, but simply the sheer difficulty in attracting them nowadays, because they've gone to youtube, seen a few black guys hate of them and are all butthurt about it, now they don't date all black men, like some black guys do. So as someone who was always on the sidelines of this stuff, I'm almost forced to date interracially because i simply get more interest from women outside my "race".

Hard to believe, but a lot of people haven't really caught up to the changing dynamics yet. Black women outside of my age range, like in their 40's, still date a lot of black men... but the ones who are in college tend to go for white guys, and you'll see some of the high demand black girls (18 - 24) have for white guys on this site as well. So now im left contemplating if i should just stick with white women where i tend to have an easier time

• Yea, same here. Most women from my experience who I got play from have been other races. The BW from my HS were always into the wannabe thug niggas. I wasn't "soft" or anything, I just didn't act like a wannabe gangsta, so i guess they didn't like me because of that. That was high school, but sadly within the black community in my area, that still how these young women want their guys, some thug punk who ain't about nothing. I never complained though, since other races were more likely to give me play. I just always wondered why black women from a majority stand point never liked guys like me, yet these other races did. It seems like BW from my area (the inner city) don't know how to pick their men and go after the wrong guys. Like a hot black chick from my area would be with a hood rat dude up to no good. But a hot chick from a different race in another area would be with a decent guy who got his shit together. This dynamic always amazed me.

• Lol it's your personal preference, there is no wrong or right. You don't find black girls attractive and that's that. Nothing more you can say, just do you. I'm the same way for the most part, I'm not trying to put black women down. I'm just not into them, and they're not into me.

• I didn't say i dont find black women attractive, i do. I just don't find a lot of them attractive from my area because the majority seems to be overweight compared to other ethnicities in my area.

• Well that's something you can't control. From what you wrote, you find them unattractive because of weight, not their race. I don't really see the relevance of you mentioning them being black. That's just a bias you took on from living in that area. Nothing wrong with it.

• Welp, someone didn't like my answer too much

• Well considering you could have just said that you're not attracted to fat women and not at all focus on skin tone makes it sound like there is something here that is rooted in racism.

• Its not wrong, its your preference. If a gay guy prefers guys, does that mean he hates women? No he's gay, its his preference. Do what you want to do and if someone don't like it, here's a great phrase to memorize--FUCK 'EM!! Personally, I'm not attracted to black women either with some exceptions of course. Its just my preferance. If someone thinks its racist-which its not in any way-insert phrase here:__________!!

• You like who you like, and most guys I know aren't attracted to fat women. For some reason black women think that it's attractive to be significantly overweight. They let themselves get to 200 pounds and then act like they don't get a lot of attention from men because of their race.

• Lol this was quite funny.

• So you telling me you don't find Oprah hot :(
    The things I would do to all that brown sugar. She can be my sugar momma any day lol.

• Why are you telling us?

• like what you like ^_^ ain't no harm in that

• No man nothin wrong with that. You like what you like. Besides, a lot of white girls like black guys.

• There's plenty of sexy slim and slender black girls. I love those women, so beautiful. I'm white btw.

• Let's face it, it's all about economics.

White/Caucasian women, as a rule, tend to be richer. They can spend more on their figures, gyms and make-up. Subconsciously, we (non-White) guys would fall for them.

(I think White women cease to attract White men for another reason: they're a bit too dominant and masculinised!)

The other reality is that women/men from another race are more attractive. Opposites attract! For instance, I'd be turned on by Chinese, Arab, Hindu, African and White women.''

By the way, I found the Black women of Africa (particularly Ethiopia) to be particularly pretty. Ever flown on an Ethiopian Airlines flight? Also, women from other parts of Africa are very charming because they know how to treat you "like a man". I guess Black women in Africa tend to have lost that skill...

• Ha where I live there are lots of hot black girls. They are fuckin yummy

• Where u from?

• The Midwest and you are from LA right? How is 4 out of 5 black women fat there when everyone in Cali works out?

• Exactly man. This is only in the inner cities though, South Central LA where the black women are fat. The black women in Orange County California are hot though. Its because of the huge availability of fast food in these poor neighborhoods that the BW are fat, the hispanic women too.

• No, it is not wrong. You can't control attraction.

• Why downvotes? You can't control who you are attracted to. That said, attraction is not entirely based on physical characteristics. There's a lot more to it, like chemistry, how well you get along, how you make each other feel, etc.

Everyone has physical deal-breakers. It's not fair, but that's the way it is, and that's not anyone's fault.

• I am not bashing some girls for not wanting a short guy at all. And I am short. And I am Indian, and there are plenty of posts saying that girls don't find us attractive.

Attraction isn't a choice. I don't blame anyone for having physical dealbreakers, unless they string someone along when they know it isn't going to work.

When the time is right, he or she who accepts you and loves you the way you are and vice versa will enter your life. Stop being insecure and just be the best man/woman you can be. That's all you can do and for a lot of people, that alone will trump whatever insecurities you have.

• Now, if you had been a white guy and said this about black women people would have cursed you out in the opinions section.

• True, but dont worry about them.

• Not true. The majority of men on this site, that I have seen announce they don't like black women, are white men. Particularly in the comments sections, but I never see anyone reply to them.

I think a black woman would naturally be more concerned about a black man disliking her, on the basis of race, than a white man.
      I personally couldn't give two shits who doesn't like me. That's life.