Would you begin a serious relationship with someone with herpes?

Share your opinion on the matter please.

Most Helpful Girl

• Afte realising just how common herpes is, I would. I'd just talk to a doctor about how we can manage a safe sex life.

What Girls Said 8

• Probably not. I don't have herpes and I don't particularly care to have it. I certainly wouldn't sleep with someone with it.

• Why not? There are medication and certain methods to prevent the spread of herpes.

• It's just a thing I don't want to have to deal with.

• Serious relationship: yes
    Random hookup: no

And I would probably want to wait longer before sleeping with him to make sure it's worth it

• No. Thats not even something I have to stop and think about. A normal friendship is fine, of course, but nothing more.

• Why not?

• You would have to know that I am speaking as a virgin to better understand how I see this. How exactly did he get herpes? I'm sure there are other ways, but most likely it was because he was sleeping around.
      Now I wouldn't avoid or shun somebody because they've been sleeping around, or because they have herpes, but I would not get into a relationship with them; there are many other people in the world who are willing, but i'm not one of them.

• Nope. Not a chance. I'm sure if you were honest about it up front someone would though. If you try to hide it... that's a good way to get yourself nice and murdered.

• Nope. It's really black and white for me. Tonnes of men out there to pick from.

• depends on how much I like the person. and I guess it would depend on which strain of herpes the person has. I'd want to use precautions and know about it before doing physical stuff with the person.

• Yes. I would. But it would have to be if I absolutely thought this guy would be the one.

• I don't think I would.

What Guys Said 0