Why won't he let me pay, even though he did before?

So tonight I asked my crush about taking him out for his birthday and said he could probably go if he didn't have any plans, and I also told him that I would pay since the last time we went out he payed! he didn't like that very well he said he would pay! i didn't argue or anything, but why won't he let me pay?

Most Helpful Guy

• he is or may be an old fashioned type of man and may believe that it is his responsibility to support himself and his guest. Enjoy it and respect his decision because if that is his intent then he only seeks to be respectful and strong as a man. If you allow him to be your rock which he is seemingly wanting to be then you can be happy. At least from what i see so far.

• the trick is to not give him the option when the meal is done get up go to the front and pay that is how to pay without allowing or even giving him the option to pay. But only do it on rare occasion like in this case his birthday don't spoil him to much.

• your welcome dear.

What Guys Said 5

• He may have felt it was weird for you to have to pay. Many guys feel that way, even nowadays.

• I know that when I like a girl, I make it a point to make sure I pay for her food if I go out with her. It may be his way of showing he likes you like it would be for me if I take a girl out

• I do same I not going stand up after check and have people look at me dude... brooo... soo not cool. even if you have 500biliion dollars I paying 24/7

• Thanks I just didn't know why he would always insist on buying I mean I really personally don't have a problem with it as long as I'm spending time with him.

• lol i wouldn't either... he might if he really wants to go out and dont have money but its the mans place to pay... its a guy thing dont try and understand it just go with it :P

• Being male.

What Girls Said 0