I asked a girl out. She doesn't want to get drinks, so should I offer coffee or dinner?

I met a girl at a party and asked her out for drinks (since that is what young people do these days). She said sure, it sounds like fun. Later on, she said she did not want to go to a place that serves alcohol. My thinking is that she wants a sober date (and nothing crazy happening), nothing wrong with that.

So what should I say in response? Ask her to coffee? Ask her to dinner?

I normally ask first dates out to coffee or drinks, since there is less pressure and there is an opportunity to bail after an hour. But since I have actually met this girl before and talked for a few minutes, I'm leaning towards dinner. I personally think it's harder to excited about meeting someone for coffee and it might get mistaken for a hang out. But is dinner too much for a first date?

Any advice? Thanks.

• Coffee
  • Dinner

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably coffee. Funny thing is I don't drink alcohol or coffee and I'm 17 so it's weird when someone says to me let's go for drinks bc I get juice or instead of coffee I get white chocolate. Let's hope she's not as weird as me and at least she likes coffee. :)

What Girls Said 2

• Take her for a late afternoon coffee, and if everything goes good, ask her if she also wants to have dinner

• Stick with coffee. I feel that dinner is a big commitment that she probably doesn't want to make right now. Coffee is cool and casual!!

What Guys Said 1

• Not everyone drinks and some dont want to get started doing that it leads to going to much like happy hour and so on. Take her to dinner if you think she's cute enough for that