Are we more than FWB?

So me and my best friend of over 3 years started fooling around a little over a month ago. It originally started back at the beginning of the summer when we got drunk one night and ended up spooning. Whenever we'd see each other the rest of the summer we'd end up cuddling again, but it never got farther than that until the beginning of the semester.
Over the summer we talked constantly. Hundreds of texts, video calls every night. We talk about everything it seems. We still talk constantly now , but I'm about an hour's drive away so we see each other most weekends on top of that. Over the summer it was maybe once a month that all of us would be able to hang out. Not a morning goes by that we don't exchange a good morning, and he's the last person I talk to before going to bed. He asks me how work is going, takes an interest in what I'm doing and vice versa. We've gone out for food a few times and hung out alone, but we each pay separately so it doesn't feel super "date-like" to me.
Well about a month ago we ended up making out, then shortly after we rounded third base and a couple of nights ago I took his virginity. I don't regret it. I think maybe I've known for a while that I really liked him, but I don't know where I stand with him. He's never had a girlfriend before and he's a shy guy on top of that. We don't talk about any of the physical stuff at all and basically act like it hasn't happened when we have our clothes on. So I'm not sure if he just doesn't know how to talk about it or if this is just a purely physical thing. Starting out I was ok with just a physical thing but I'd rather cut it off before my feelings get any deeper if that's all it is so that I don't lose him from my life. Does is sound like he would be interested in more than just a FWB?

And when I say that he's never had a girlfriend, I mean I was his first for EVERYTHING. He's turning 22 and I'm 21 if that helps.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say go and be bf and gf sounds like he a great guy and you two care for and love each other very much so I say go big with the next step who knows it might even lead to marriage

What Guys Said 1

• sitting in a tree K I S S I N G.. y'all know the rest!!! <3 <3 <3

What Girls Said 1

• How are we supposed to know? If you feel like there could be more to this than just sex, why don't you just talk to him about it and see how he feels?