The first time you told someone you loves them?

We're you scared or nervous that they wouldn't feel the same? I want to tell my bf that but he hasn't said it to me. We've been together for a year and a half.

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife and i tell eachother like 20 times a day. First thing when we wake up and go to bed, everytime we talk on the phone, when ever we leave for work or anything. Bad things happen in this world and you never know when the last time is that you'll talk to someone. Thats not why we do it but i guess a small small part. We do it cuz it feels good. Now waiting over a year sounds crazy to me but everyones different. Some people get scared and what ever easy. But i think I've just waited until i felt it then said it. Whichh was usually no longer than like 5 months. Being older now i might wait longer, but only untill i felt it

• So you think it's possible he hasn't said it because he doesn't feel that way?

I think it's lovely you guys tell each other that often :)

• Its always a possibility. You will just have to judge for your self by knowing what you know about him. Best thing for you to do is ask. Scenario 1 he says i love you. Scenario 2 he says he just wasn't sure when to say it cuz he was nervous about what youd do or say. And wouldn't want to scare you away cuz men are stupid but that does actually happen. Scenario 3 which i hope isn't the case, he says he just doesn't feel that way. In any case you will be better off by at least talking to him about it because it is on your mind and it is important to you. Hope this all helps :) and good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally have never said it first, I believe that actions speak louder than words. It's ok to say it, but saying it too often is a throw off.

• But we've never said it once. I get not saying it every minute of the day or too soon into a relationship. But after a year and a half? I think it's time that it's said or if it isn't then it's time for me to leave

• Thank you :)

• No problem :)

What Guys Said 2

• I was quite young at that time. I must be 15.
    She was in the canteen with her curly hair barely covering her shoulder. I did not know what to do and I had my heart thumping in my chest as if I were standing at the edge of a cliff and was consciously planning to take a leap.
    My friend grabbed her by her wrist and pulled the girl I like out of her group and now it was just the two of them standing next to a pillar.
    I approached her while she looked me in the eye, smiling shyly and my friend vanished from the frame.
    I started having deeper breaths as I got closer to her.
    I stopped 2 ft away from her so that I am at a safe distance in case she slaps me (lol).
    This is what I said 'I don't know why I don't like to see you talking to other guys. I don't know why I can't stay away from you. A day never passes without me thinking of you. I don't know what this is but I think I am in love and its with you'.

I was lucky she said yes but we broke up after two years.
    Well we were young anyway and I have moved on.

• The first time I didn't feel anything, only the need to say it.
    Nowadays it's a word covered by emotions that I think are misstaken so I more likely won't say it (if I don't get drunk)

What Girls Said 2

• I wasn't afraid because I was so sure of myself in my young, naive age. He told me that he wanted more time to figure out if he did too, and I was okay with that.

• Atomic bomb blasted in my heart.. but now I feel bad bz I said those precious words to a Alien (ex)