Should I look at the internet history of a guy I'm dating to see if he's lying to me?

I saw that he has been on okcupid recently, but he claims he hasn't been on it for weeks. I don't really care if he's been on it or not, I just want to know if he's lying to me.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• No his private life has sod all to do with you as the same yours has sod all to do with him.
    even if you are husband and wife both your life's have to have some privacy

• I don't care what he's doing in his private life. I just want to know if he is lying to me. If he is, then there's really no point dating him because I won't be able to trust him.

• Umm, husbands and wives have the right to know if their husbands are cheating on them and vice versa don't you think? Wouldn't you want to trust your partner?

What Guys Said 6

• If you think he is lying, he probably is. I have never been accused of lying when I was being honest and I make it a point at this point in my life to be as honest as possible. Check and don't feel bad about it. I would. There are some things that should be private, but him potentially cheating on you isn't one of those things.

• Don't, You will 100% end up regretting it. privacy is privacy, give him his.

• Yes, however you shouldn't assume anything. If you find something of substance don't get mad straight away. It may not even be true OR getting what you expect (bad news).

Take time, evaluate things. Then when the time is right, talk to him about the circumstances.

• No that's sneaky. Just talk to him one to one. Look into his eyes. They will tell you if he's mistrusted you. He will open up if he genuinely likes you.

• Yes u should look , i caught a girl cheating on me on the internet , she asked me yo leave askfm i did but she was rude enough to meet a guy from Twitter on her university , sick people

• Get with the program girl, it's all about private browsers now.

What Girls Said 6

• no , you guys are dating he's not obligated to be committed to you unless he's your boyfriend.

• Not a great idea!! Sometimes us women see something and automatically assume the worst. There could be numerous why he's lying. He may be on okcupid, that doesn't mean he's doing it to find someone else. I caught my partner on Zoosk and thought the worst, but found out he was actually doing it to find a few people that had invaded his privacy and stole from his children. If you see something don't assume the worst. If you ask and he says no, just leave it. Sometimes they say no because it's not something they want or need to involve you in for your protection. They don't want you to worry about it.

• Talk to him face to face and see his reactions. Body language tells a lot, see his eyes, his breathing (how fast it is), if his face gets red, if he sweats, the movement of his limbs, arms and legs, as well as hands and feet. Take in consideration the pauses he mades after you finish the question. Try asking the same question in different ways, the answers must be congruent and similar. And no, don't try to 'stalk' him online.

• invading privacy usually backfires and no matter what makes you look crazy as hell, just confront him about. If he says no he hasn't, ask him to show you his internet history. If he still says no then there's a lack of trust there and that needs to be fixed

• I would be tempted to but would ask him what he could be lying about. It can be hard but it won't work out if he is indeed lying to you already.

• Yes. You are free to do whatever you want with your time.