Why are good girls attracted to such bad guys?

Speaking as one of them, I just don't get it. I've dated guys I know for a fact will more than likely treat me badly in the long run but Iv'e given them the benefit of the doubt. Is it purely physical attraction thats conquering my what's most of time logical thought process? I finally found a good guy, he's not as attractive as the bad guys but he treats me like a queen so I stay loyal and faithful but yet there's that temptation I wish would just go away. I've got it good, why is a small part of me trying to sabotage it? Help?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• Could be a number of things, looks, confidence, the idea that you can change the guy into a good one... I know a lot of girls who do the same thing. I think some girls find functional relationships somewhat boring without any kind of problem to fix or drama happening.

• That usually is the case, for GIRLS anyways, WOMEN on the other hand... lol

• I'm yet to see a change, I mean hopefully older women are more sensible... girls my age are still mind boggling at times with this stuff.

• I have been told numerous times by older men and women that it takes years for men and women to find out what they actually NEED and WANT.

Until that time, human biology seems to reign supreme and girls will always go after the alpha male because (unfortunately) that's what their inner biology has programmed them to do.

Take control of your body, listen to your mind/logic and be with a dude that likes YOU for YOU! Be happy! Live life! Stop listening to what other people say about YOUR life!!!

• Its the same with guys. I've dated women who were sweet as pie and would do anything for me, they were also attractive but not the "hot" girls I wanted so I was easily distracted by hot girls. I've also been with women who were hot but they treated me like "ehhh, he's okay for now" attitude and they would cheat, or dump me.

I think the hardest part is accepting who you are and being comfortable with your own limitations. The guy you're with now probably knows you dont find him as attractive as other guys and he feels pain when you look at other men.

Im still working on this part, but when I finally accepted who my type is I see attraction differently. Im attracted to different types and I pay attention to different features than before. Overall I think its better for me cuz I can confidently date with more options. Probably not as easy for a girl to do seeing as how even the most attractive guys will want to f you (and also use you)

• I think bad guys are on too much of an ego high because of they're looks are giving them too much confidence and they think that they can do whatever they want. There are good guys that are good looking you just have to find them. But in the end girls never end up with a bad guy it's always a good guy and they want someone to treat them right. I think you are just interested in looks.

• It's just in your nature as a women. You crave drama. These bad guys give you that amount of drama that keeps you interested. Good guys don't. They try to make your lives drama-free but that bores you.

• Don't assume that all females like a dramatic lifestyle. I'm happy with the fact that me and my guy are the one couple that are just so chill. It's such a relief to not have that stress anymore.

• Uh huh. Whatever you need to tell yourself.

• Because bad guys = mysterious, dangerous, and excitement which is what girls seem to like.

• I've alwYs wanted to know this...

• The same traits that bad boys show closely match the traits men needed to have for our ancestors to survive. It should be no surprise those traits turn you on.

What Girls Said 3

• Bc as with shitty women what makes them all "bad" is they pretend to be ms mr wonderful until the person is hooked then they do there thing.. It's false advertising to quockly acrue high volume of customers. As supposed to high value for customers.

• There's a quote that goes something along the lines of "every girl wants a bad boy to be good just for her, every boy wants a good girl to be bad just for him"

• Kind of makes sense, unfortunately this situation is very rare in most cases, especially at a young age, say, high school for instance.

• opposites attract :)