Why do women, mainly American women, have the highest standards but bring the least to the table?

Like I can easily talk to very attractive foreign women at my college, South American, Hungarian, Russian, Dutch, Indian, Persian etc, the were born in those countries but been living in the states for at least 5+ years. Like I can actually get play from really attractive "foreign" girls, but barely any play from average looking American girls. It seems like American girls think their all that when their not, but the extremely attractive foreign girls are really sexy, but at the same time still very humble. Its a very deadly combination in the dating game because why would I want to date an American girl then?

From my experience when approaching American girls on campus, they always think your creep for some stupid reason. Another thing i hate is I always have to ask all the questions, and they give very short responses, very stuck up. Its like they put in NO effort in trying to know me. They ask no questions, aren't involved in the convo, aren't smiling etc. Yet foreign girls on the flipside are very involved in the convo and ask more questions about me than I do about them which is very nice for a change since it shows their also interested in knowing me. They smile and are very straight forward and genuine. If i ask them if they wanna hang out later, and they say yes, they actually mean yes.

Idk, it just seems like American girls are spoiled, who think they have to bring nothing else to the table but a vagina. Foreign girls on the other hand try to charm you as much as you try to charm them. That is extremely attractive. I don't understand why American girls don't get this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd have to agree, sadly. Many girls here have impeccably high standards with no rhyme or reason. They want the boy to offer everything to the table but yet won't return anything. I maybe am generalizing but a shit ton of my friends are this way. My roommate, however, she started dating this guy who is butt ugly but oh my gosh, he has the greatest personality. However, I know a girl who OH MY GOSH has the highest expectations of men in the entire world. It's definitely not the entire nation, so I'd be careful to generalize, but you seem like a nice guy. Unlike some people on here, you are genuinely questioning what's up with girls here as opposed to smack talking it. It makes me wonder how foreign boys act?

• I mean all I wanted to know was why some girls tend to be snotty. Thats is. Simple example, when you approach some girls in a nice area, they may say something like "fuckoff" and have their arms crossed while walking away. I have no problem being rejected, but why be that rude? Meanwhile most of my foriegn encounters, they would just smile and say "im sorry ont interested, but thank you for the compliment etc" no harm, no foul. Even when having standards for women, some of these women are just looking for a free ride, and think they have to do absolutely nothing. Put yourself in my shoes, how would you feel having to date one of your friends?

What Girls Said 24

• You sound so bitter. You sound like an American boy. Yuck.

• Respond to my question instead of talking shit.

• How tragic. :P

• @jointhepatriarchy but not wholly shocking lol

• Actually I find your entitlement disgust-worthy. If you're trying to charm an American or any woman she doesn't owe you for her to charm you back. Last time I checked, the only time I try to charm somebody is when I actually LIKED them and at that point I wasn't even trying. I don't know about you but anybody foreign who is charming right off the bat and then continues to be that way with me 24/7 everyone else too then I'd be skeptical big time. So just because you put in huge amounts of effort into charming a woman or an American woman in this case you're not entitled to her ass. That's your decision and therefore your fault and finally your problem. You're just setting yourself up to be used or insulted so making yourself to look like a tool is not the way to go. If anything most American women I know dream of finding their soulmate and marrying them not a con artist.
    If anything you seem like the fake one who needs to try to charm people in order for them to like you so you can use them. That's psychopathic and ain't nobody got time for that.

• Perfectly said like an American woman. Exactly how i predicted.

• Like I said, if you just here to talk shit, you can leave.

• I'm not talking shit.
      Don't be mad because you have the argumentation skills of a 2 year old.
      Prove me wrong or you're just another Elliot Rodgers.

• well i know if i meet someone and i give short answers, dont smile, ask no questions and dont get involved in the convo then that means i dont want to talk to you. foreign girls may be trying to charm you because they want to stay in america so they might wanna extend their visa or get a green card. American women dont really need anything from you so there really is no reason to be fake nice to someone we dont want to be nice to. but obviously American women aren't like that to all men in general, its just a problem you're experiencing. we have friends, boyfriends, husbands, and social lives so obviously we aren't cold to everybody who talks to us.

• Lol, yes in many cases.

• im doing fine in that regard. Im not so pressed for attention that I get ignored by men of my own country that's for damn sure. if all I could do is brag about guys from 3rd world countries I think I'd be the one asking this question

• I think u r a little dramatic do u think that all forigner women dying to have green card NO u have a huge ego instade of answering nicely you just put all the blame on other women which is kinda rude

• As a woman, I feel as though American women do tend to be sheltered and closed off as opposed to foreign women. We were culturally raised differently where as you said, we had Disney and they had back breaking chores from the age of 3. Foreign women was handed humility at birth practically and they live in the moment. American women, myself included, we have trouble living in the moment and being grateful for every single moment. Most of us, majority of us - grew up more privileged and ultimately, it has effected our behaviors towards each other including the opposite sex. As I have gotten older, I became extremely humble, if a guy hits on me and I am not interested, I always smile and say no thank you and I bid them a great day. Simple.

• Thanks for being honest. Most women just reply to rants like this with nothing but hate and vitriol. They never successfully refute any accusations made against them though. Just get mad and throw tantrums.

• Foreign women are not always grateful or humbled. They're actually a lot more sheltered than American women especially if their culture is super religious.

• Yeesh, this question is a bit mean.

Anywho, there's several answers to this question, you can choose whichever you want to believe.

1) Foreign born girls might just want a green card (I always keep this in mind with foreign guys) so they kind of have to be nice.

2) Foreign girls are brought up differently. Some are just generally more flirty and feminine, like Italian women. They also don't have as many rights in foreign countries, so men are more valued (for lack of a better word). American girls are brought up to be strong, more masculine, because somewhere down the line it became a crime to be feminine or act like a woman. They're worried all the work they put into women's rights will go down the drain if a woman wants to be a stay at home mom and cook for her husband, instead of be a manager on Wall Street.

3) American girls are straight forward, if they're not interested, they're not going to pretend to be. If she doesn't smile or put effort into the conversation, she's not interested and isn't going to lead you on. Foreign girls (much like foreign guys) are great at charming people. Just the sound of their voice sounds charming, or a simple smile seems suddenly flirty. Some do it intentional, some do it just naturally.

I hope this gives you some kind of insight. Just keep in mind, not all foreign women are goddesses and not all American women are spoiled.

• American girls are definitely not straight forward. Also, i never said ALL women are this or ALL women are that, i know, everybody knows, no need to dumb down the conversation with common sense. What I am saying is you AVERAGE foreign woman from my experience is more prone to being nicer. As someone mentioned earlier it's probably due to the upbringing. Like they had to work hard when they were young in their country, didn't grow up with much, so they are humble. On the flipside in American, a middle class family in other countries is like being rich. So you have girls who grow up here not having to work or do much and have daddy and mommy take care of everything for here and tell her everyday she is some princess, that's why she develops that snotty attitude as an adult.

• Well, im just talking about real life everyday experiences here. What you said doesn't invalidate my experiences i've had.

• Of course it doesn't.

However, you asked "Why do women, mainly American women, have the highest standards but bring the least to the table?" and I gave you several answers you can take or leave. I have no doubt most middle-to-upper class girls are spoiled by their parents growing up. I was raised by a widowed father who worked 90% of the time just to pay the bills, so I never got that "do nothing all day" luxury. Frankly I don't know where you meet these women, because I really don't know anyone at all that did grow up with that luxury.

Then again, I'm from New York, where even the rich struggle with money issues and people are constantly having their dreams crushed. No wonder our slogan is "I Love NY".

• I think it's just a cultural thing. As someone who has traveled to several different countries, I have noticed that foreign people are much more welcoming than in America. This is especially true in Latin American countries. People on the street will stop and ask you about your day, and genuinely want to hear the answer. Americans on the other hand are more weary of strangers and have a guard up, but I don't think it necessarily makes us "stuck up" or "spoiled." Different countries have different values.

• It does make us stuck up. Values aren't created equally. Just because some values are different doesn't mean they automatically garner respect by virtue of being different.

• Yes, actually. We're screwed if we approach and screwed if we dont. If we do we're easy, sluts and a feminist. If we don't we're stuck up, prudes, or a feminist Let go of the government mind control.

• This is going to sound a tid bit wrong but its just the truth... I come from a Lebanese background and if its one thing I noticed that I constantly see with my family members (older cousins, sisters mid 20s) the parents always encourage the women to thrive for success in a professional level but if its one thing that any FOREIGN person wants is getting married. Take it from me I always hear this "you can be swimming in a pool full of money but if you're not married with a family you are incomplete" that's why the majority of foreign women tend to be kinder.

• " "you can be swimming in a pool full of money but if you're not married with a family you are incomplete"

So why do you blindly believe it then? Why not just live your own life and do your own thing on your own terms instead of trying to live up to other peoples expectations of what they think life is about? If you want to get married etc, cool. But don't do it just because of what other people say.

• Well look how media portrays women, in tv shows women are portrayed as stubborn, and strong willed, and that guys should treat us like we're princesses just because we're women. Also look at romance movies. It's like hardwired into our brains... but not all women are like this.

• Yea, a lot of people are too stupid to think beyond the influences of media.

• Right, and there's a lot of women who only want to find the kind of guys in the movies, which is ridiculous of course... but as I said, it's not all women

• Hell if I know, I'm a straight American female with mostly guys for friends, so I have no clue whether or not American chicks are typically like that. I hate American culture so I try not to venture out into it much, because most other americans I meet are materialistic or stupid. Men and women. America had a great foundation but I despise what our culture has become and I pretty much hate living here. One day, I'll move somewhere out of the US where people aren't general bastards.

What I'm trying to say I guess is its not just American women who suck, its also men. Americans pretty much just suck. You should move elsewhere too, where looks and money aren't so important.

• America is a good country.

• I never said it wasn't, I said our culture sucks. We value money and looks over everything else, which lead to problems just like the one you described in your question. Just the way it is.

• How many women does the USA count, that were born and raised there? Now, how many have you actually met? Now do you really think that you can make such generalizations about American women?

• These generalizations need to stop.
    I know quite a few foreign girls (Salvadoran, Dominican, Thai, Lebanese, Polish, Russian, Guyanese, Jordanian) and not all of them are more attractive, more intelligent, more humble, etc than American girls. I would consider them average. You are holding foreign women to a higher esteem because they are different and exotic and you like that. There's nothing wrong with American women though. I'm sorry if you feel like you don't have luck with American girls but that doesn't mean that they're not good enough. I think foreign people (from certain areas) are more friendly and welcoming due to their cultural norms. Being more closed off isn't unique only to American girls... its an American thing. And just because a girl isn't interested in you, doesn't mean she thinks she's all that

• You want to blame your lack of dating success on an entire group of women. Women of your own country. That's not right.

• Non-white girls love white boys, and non-Americans love American boys.
    Look at it this way, imagine yourself to be a foreign chick who has moved to a country which has, arguably, the most desired nationality of people, and a guy from that country hits on you. What do you do? You talk to him, of course. He's after you and not the American girl, unlike all the males from your home country who want an American girl.

• I'm not white. I'm black. But anyways, yea your right. But why would American chicks from my experience do the same vice versa?

• So every guy out there thinks he might just be the one for every girl he hits on?

• Of course, you have to. It a necessity. Thats how you get a gf. And you chose a guy,. . . . . you chose somebody. . . . so it WORKED. .. . so why can't i be that guy? That's why you have to be like that. Try approaching guys so you can see things from our view.

• I think most americans were raised to have that security wall up, mostly because so many Americans have seen thier parents divorce and it makes them weary of the people around them. And im American if a foreign guy came up to me i think i would be more interested

• If we're not interested then we're not interested.
    So what? Get over it.
    I've gotten called stuck up so many times just because I didn't want to engage in conversation with a stranger who was hitting on me. I don't know you and I'm not interested in getting to know you, what's wrong with that?
    You sound so bitter. Thinking someone is spoiled just because they don't want to engage in a conversation with you, lol.

• Read Waterfall_024 comment.

• Everyguy i ever talk to in life say its true. Your a female, so your opinion is invalid because it is a bias source. And you sound just like the women I was describing, and most likely are.

• You're a male so your opinion is invalid.

• Nobody is forcing you date American girls so just date a foreign girl then.

• hahaha well then you should never date any of us... wow. Maybe its because you actually have no game and we aren't interested in you because you are not from here. IDK. I was always nice to guys that talked to me in college, but I guess you just got short end of the stick. And it really depends on the person; how you approach (you might come of creepy to us); and maybe just stop trying so hard..
    Why did you post anonymous? Don't be afraid of showing yourself or your thoughts ever..

• Its not, me, all my mates on my team agree, and the football team. You should really talk to guys more. but your not a guy, so you wouldn't know cuz you don't have to put up with the crap we do.

• I live in America. I'd fuck you up in person.

• Leave you and your soft ass bf bleeding on the ground.

• Then don't date American girls. Simple as that.

• I'm trying to get an opinion on why things are the way they are though.

• So you feel we're more prude?

• From what I have noticed is Americans are super materialistic and really shallow. And the ascent helps with foreign girls just like it works on Americans the shit I get away with with my ac want is insane

• Wah wah wah! Another case of a guy repeatedly approaching girls who aren't interested in him and blaming it on women and feminism. Change the record.

• You didn't read my question, you read what you wanted to see.

I have dating success. Its just disproportionately leans towards foreign women. Its the truth, all of my attractive friends, and athletes talk about this all the time. I am a man, we are men, your not, your a woman. If we say this is the way things are, you have to accept it.

• And it's 'you're' a man, and 'you're' a woman... most be a great school you go to there.

• must, ah the ironic auto correct!

• Well I'm from Italy and I don't think there is much of a difference to america. I would say maybe the girls are a bit more open and inclusive.
    Maybe it's just what you want to see than what is actually true

• Well buddy I guess you should stop trying to talk to us stuck up American girls and enjoy the attention that foreign girls give you... it's as simple as that. Maybe your conversation is not as appealing as you think.

• It is appealing. Verified. Its just you stuck up girls thinking your a princess that needs to be caught, when in reality your not really all that and are lucky that a guy like me even approached and talked to you in the first place if you wanna be real. .

• Smh.. dude u have it all wrong, I do believe that you get ignored. I feel most women don't ask YOU QUESTIONS, or are uninterested. Well its clear by talking with you here your a selfish little man, judgemental... egotistical, shallow form of a man. And most American women find such behaviors to be obnoxious. .. As to most foreign women you are use to dating probably, are scared to put a man like you in their place. Because, really its simple. The father are made out to be the head of the castle in their country... and most of the women are programmed to obey, obey, obey... stroke daddy's ego, be a good little girl... run off and marry an American man and move us out this dump... so see my friend, you mean nothing to them too, you are just some poor lonely American man who's been tossed aside by American women cause you don't have what it takes to satisfy us... but to them you're a meal ticket!

• Your wrong, like I said, if you read my question like you've obviously failed to do numerous times, these women are financially fine and well off, you just want to make it seem like their on my sack only because they need food lol, because that makes you feel better. Those American women are interested in me, they went out on a date with me, its just that their lame as hell, just like you. Have nothing to offer but a bitchy entitled personality, its all that feminism bullshit they consuming. They wanna be a man but be a princess at the same time. Confused ass bitches, no man want a woman like you.

Put me in my place? lol your a woman.

• I think you are very attracted to women of other countries. Maybe consider moving out of the states, if you feel women are too high standard here.

• Not attracted to them because their from other countries, their just on average easier to talk too.

• Just look at the media, and what women read. Those are big influences.

• Yep they are.

• Maybe you like exotic looks, so average foreign girls look like super hot ones to you, so they like the extra effort and admiration.

Some guys I was friends with in college said they got more play in the states than at home for that reason.

• its not that, im just talking about behavior attributes. Like its is easier to talk to foreign women from my experience than American women. Like American women have all these standards that, i really think its the media with Disney and stuff. Because Disney its not overseas and their kids were never indoctrinated with that, but kids over here grew up with Disney, so girls over here think everything has to be perfect.

• more like facts.

• Dude, Disney is everwhere.

What Guys Said 14

• You haven't realized it yet?

Foreigners from nations of middle - low poverty are taught to seek out what best improves their station in life. As an American man, you're ideal in every sense. You can give them what they'd otherwise never have the opportunity to posses.

However, foreign women from wealthy countries... good luck my friend. They're the equivalent to American women- some slightly better, some worse.

American women on the other hand don't need you to improve their station in life. They're taught to seek out love and happiness. Everything else can be self achieved.

This is why foreign women seem better mannered to you, because they want to impress. They want you for what you can provide for them and not for who you are- in many cases but obviously not all.

p. s. You could have worded your question to be less antagonizing to American women.

• Well you don't make sense, this isn't about women in poverty. Read my shit. This is about women in LIVE in the US who have ROOTS in other countries. Their financially fine, their not looking for a fucking green card. Their already established and self sufficient. Im sorry, i just sick of people misinterpreting my question and spinning it anyway they please.

• No your claiming the reason why these women are nice is because their poor and looking for a free ride, what kind of bullshit is that? The foreign women im talking about are far from poor. So don't bring that up.

• You're actively doing something that you got upset about when you thought I was the one doing it- reading, misinterpreting, and spinning information.

Read it again.

"Foreigners from nations of middle - low poverty are taught to seek out what best improves their station in life."

I spoke of a nations wealth and how it influences an individual in what they seek out from others.

It doesn't matter if their families are wealthy when they come from a poor nation where marriage and relationships are made to further their social standings. That's something that will not be easily watered down. It would take a couple generations.

• dude. where are the foreign girls? ;)
    anyways i think its because American girls have these really high standards, and will always find something small about a guy which makes them think that they can do better, when they really cant. its pathetic, but its a serious problem in america.

• Dude, I went to the Philippines, and that ruined American women for me. It's exactly like you said, talking to an American woman you're constantly asking questions only to get short, one-word responses. They don't smile, in fact they've always got this disgusted look on their face like they just smelled shit or something. Foreign girls however are usually smiling, and bring a lot more to the table in terms of conversation. Plus they make more loyal girlfriends, and better wives. American women really do have the most expectations out of a guy, yet bring less to the table than any other nation's women. Canadian women even have the American women beat. They might be just as slutty, but at least they can hold a conversation with a man. For anyone who doubts what I say, I challenge you to go talk to some American girls on here, then talk to some girls from other countries. It's fucking pitiful that girls who learned English as a 3rd or 4th language are better at speaking it than women who ONLY know English...

• Great another person generalizong American women. -_-

• Well i've dated 2 American girls on the internet before, one of them moved on from me, one of them burnt me badly, one was awesome and one was pure evil, one was ambitious and happy the other had many issues, dropped out of school and has many enemies. I think it really boils down to the individual not the nationality but if American doesn't work for you try something else

• Im talking about averages, no individual cases. Try not to drag down the quality of the discussion with things that we all know are common sense.

• I don't buy the feminist argument nor the part that all American women are snobby. But there is a certain sense of entitlement in our age demographic. I think it's because of immaturity more than anything else. It has little to do with where they're from, and more to do with what they're doing. It takes a certain level of maturity to decide to pick up all your stuff and move across the world. That may be the differentiating factor.

• "the feminist argument nor the part that all American women are snobby" I never said ALL American women are snobby. . . . . another person dumbing down the conversation with common sense refutations that don't need to be stated.

• If it concerns you, perhaps just seek out a foreign girl, I've heard Hungarian women are some of the nicest ever

• biased much?

• Because feminism, they automatically assume you want in their pants, while actually trying to get to know them. Chivalry is dead and women killed it.

• You just haven't found good American women, which I surprising because they're everywhere.

• I know tell me about it men. Women in general raised in other countries are nicer.

• most women are that way

• Well first I disagree that they have the highest standards. And funny you get called a creep and are rejected by them yet say they have the highest standards. I will say that foreign women tend to be more educated, cultured, polite and skilled. I don't think it is a massive difference though but you sure have a chip on your shoulder.

• This is very true I've pointed this out numerous times. American women demand the most yet give the least. Foreign women are superior in every way.

• Yep see guys know. Tell your friends to stop giving a lot of attention to these stuck up girls and maybe the playing feild will go back to normal with more humble women again.

• I don't really want to share the secret with them. I'm selfish haha. But seriously everything you said is spot on. Trying to talk to an American girl is a chore, foreign women its a pleasure.