Was this guy rude/arrogant or am I being too sensitive?

I went on a date w/an old acquaintance.. we hadn't seen each other for 7 years & I remember him being a nice guy. But this time he was awful! He insisted we meet at the restaurant bar to get drinks 1st even when I said I don't like alcohol. And when the waiter came he went ahead & ordered for himself w/o asking if I was ready to order yet (which i wasn't). He kept making suggestive comments & winking, like when I said i was sick of living with parents he said "you can always come over to my place". He also bragged about all the female attention he got while working as a bartender. And he said stuff like I was special, he wasn't gonna let me get away, and he wasn't going anywhere (while winking the whole time like he had an eye spasm).. it was so intrusive.

Other than that he was super sympathetic when I told him about my rough times & gave me good career/life advice. He also said he would always be there for me if I needed to talk about anything, which was nice. He wants to meet up again & I want to say no, but I'm not sure if I'm being too harsh?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're being sensitive.

What Guys Said 4

• I would have yanked his eye out if he kept winking at me non stop while feeding me BS. I'm not entirely sure on what his agenda is, but i'd agree to maybe a double date. He seems a little odd to me.

• Seriously! He must've winked at me at least 10 times, I wanted to punch him out. He probably thought he was being really charming and suave, but it was just super annoying

• Meh, I don't know what you see in this guy to be honest. Sounds like he's a mixed bag of kindness and bad pick up lines. I would just be friendly and keep it platonic unless you really want to try something with him.

• maybe is the way he jokes, i use to tell some friend thing like you're my gf, or ill marry you but deep inside i didn want anything. teenager stuff i use to do it when i was 18

• sounds like he's really thirsty if you ask me. Doesn't seem to be looking for a long term relationship if you know what I mean..

• Sound sketchy lol I would move on lol. I dont get why people like him flirt while on a date cause he already got you to say yes so a dates meant to be actually getting to know each other. My gut is he wants to hit it and quit it.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd meet him again, but bring him eye drops, then say "I got these for you, you seemed to be having trouble with your eye last time"...