Never had a boyfriend. Is that weird?

I'm a week from turning 16. I've never had a boyfriend. All of my friends have dated someone before and I feel like I should've by now as well. It's not like I'm totally alienated from dudes. I have a couple guy friends and we get along great. I'm a bit shy when it comes to meeting people but once I know you I'm incredibly social. People are very surprised when they find out I'm single because I guess I seem like someone who'd have a bf. Basically, should I try and find a boyfriend or just wait and see what happens

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait and see what happens. You're young, and most dudes in HS suck. When you've hit 18 and haven't gotten any dates, then it'll be time to re-evaluate how you're running your life.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't worry about it. Just do what you want.

• Honestly it doesn't matter. Once you get past caring about what others think everything is awesome! I'm 17 and I'm having my first date ever and I would say I'm a pretty good looking and popular guy. But I just never asked anyone out until yesterday.

• At your age it's extremely normal

What Girls Said 3

• I've only ever actually dated one man, my husband now. He's the only man I've been with.

Just wait to see what happens, just wait and enjoy life and a guy will come to you in time.

• It can be weird to yourself when you see everyone around you having relationships and stuff and you're just there forever alone.

But at your age (damn, you're only 16!) it isn't such a big deal. you're still a kid.

• You're 15. When you're 35 and still haven't never had a boyfriend, then you can worry

• its like this huge thing now where people start dating when they are in like 6th grade which i've always thought was a bit weird and I get these incredulous looks from people when I say i've never had a bf because i'm a sophomore