I lied to him about being 18 and in college?

I met this really nice guy. The problem is that he is 23, and I'm 17. I told him that I'm 18 because he said he wouldn't date a minor. Then, I made it worse by telling him I was in college. I told him I was in college because I thought he would freak about me being a senior in high school. I'm very responsible and mature for my age, but I lied because I really like him. what I'm trying to ask is, should I tell him now that I'm not 18 and in college or wait until I turn 18 in 3 months and that I will attend college? I went on a date with him already, I like him, but I feel I can tell him that it will not work. I feel like I should stop talking to him, but I don't know how. He told me he really liked me, so should I stop talking to him before he gets more attached? Thank you & please no hate responses.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry, dear, but this is not likely to end well. Imagine how you'd feel if a guy lied to you about something you said was important. id advise coming clean and seeing if he forgives you, but don't expect him to. He might, but you should be very grateful if so and learn your lesson about fibbing.

What Guys Said 6

• so what? 1 year is nothing

• Obviously you're not as mature and responsible as you think you are if you're gonna lie about this. You should tell the truth and accept the repercussion. And you are putting him at risk of a lot of trouble especially by him not knowing you are 17. BE HONEST. If age is a problem then it just isn't meant to be life goes on I promise. Not worth the trouble of such a childish lie. Just my opinion not hate.

• Ouch,,, Im sorry but this might end up blowing up in your face.. You lied to him from the start. If he really likes you and your honest about your intentions then tell him. He might just laugh and say dont worry about it. However I would like to have been lied to from the start. So your really in a 50/50 situation

• Tell him the truth. You should probably wait a while before you go on more dates especially if you see a possibility of things getting physical. No one wants a statutory rape charge.

• Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

• 17 is close enough

What Girls Said 8

• Basing a relationship to a lie is not good. You should tell him before he finds out from Facebook or common friends. It's better to be honest and tell him the truth. That you lied because you really want to be with him. If he can't date minors, he can wait for 3 months if he's interested for you.

• 3 months isn't that long of a time. I think it would be better to be truthful and tell him, rather than him finding out about it somehow eventually. It would be better for you to say it first. And if he really has a problem with it and he truly likes you, he wouldn't mind waiting.

• If you honestly don't feel like it would work out, then break it off and don't mention the age thing.

• Can you please explain a way to do it? He is very sweet, So I don't know how.

• I would tell him the truth and hope he forgives you

• Oh sweetie this ain't the pretty little liars xD Its the real world

• i met a really nice guy on line and told him i was six teen when i was thirteen when we met in real life he was 18 and i was 16 and he was fine and we're still dating

• oh and i would say wait until you're 18

• Honestly, I think you should tell him your age for the best. It will create lie after lie after lie... and he'll figure it out eventually. If he doesn't like you after you tell him your age, it's his fault he doesn't like you for who you are and the fact you came out and told him the truth.

• Seriously how stupid is he. You even look 14.