Second chances or leave it in the past?

The guy I have major feelings for just told me he still loves me. We had some trust issues in the past, but I'm willing to push the past aside. He's the only one I can talk to that really listens and can make me feel better when I'm upset. My friends aren't very fond of me spending time with him, but he makes me content. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• First, ignore what your friends think; it's your own feelings that are pertinent.

Since you still have major feelings for him and are willing to push the past aside, it seems to be okay to give it another go.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say give him another chance, and if everything goes wrong, hey you both tried.

• If it wasn't any major trust issues to begin with then go for it. Sometimes second chances are just the thing needed to be something special

Friends should be listened to and their advice heeded, as sometimes they can see things you cant. Ask them why to see their side of things but overall it is your life and the choice is yours alone.

What Girls Said 3

• You have to do what makes you happy. If you're comfortable with it and you feel that way, go for it. I'd just be very cautious and don't rush anything. Listen to YOUR gut. Judge for yourself to see if he's made any changes so that you two won't have the same issues that drove you apart in the first place.

Good luck.

• Give it another go. Your friends don't see what you see in him. If you make each other happy and rise above by leaving the past in the past, then that's what matters. :) I wish you the best of luck in hopes all works out for the both of you!

• Well I really can't make that decision for you. I can say though, that on two separate occasions I gave ex boyfriend's "second chances" and both times it completely blew up in my face, so if you do, proceed with caution. Having a break will not fix your problems.