How to react to someone asking me out?

My friend told me that this guy I like is going to ask me out tomorrow (he told her, he's like in our friend group). We are sophomores in high school, but I have nerver had like a real boyfriend before (in sixth grade me and this boy were "dating" but its sixth grade). I don't know what to say or how to respond or how my body language should be or what to do after like hold hands, or hug or whatnot and I'm just freaking out. After he asks me, what should we talk about? We will most likely be with our group of friends but I'm just nervous

I have diagnosed social anxiety so I worry too much about how people view and judge me which is why I am so nervous about this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing specific has to be done at that exact moment. If you like the guy, then from that point it's just a matter of you two getting to know each other more. Talk about whatever you like! Nothing much changes from when you regularly hang out, at least in the beginning.

It must be super exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. But that's part the fun of the experience! Just remember that there's no preset behavior you have to exhibit and that you have the control over what's comfortable and what's not.

What Guys Said 2

• Do you like him? If yes, you could say yes. If you don't, say no. There's no need to be awkward or weird either way.

He's going to ask you out [on a date]. At their core, dates are just interviews where each party is trying to determine if the other would be a suitable partner. Going out or dating doesn't automatically make you his gf. You don't owe him anything at any stage, so don't feel obligated to do anything you don't want to do.

• Don't rehearse anything and don't think about it. Just let it happen

What Girls Said 1

• you dont have to react. just respond with a yes if you want to and no if you dont. its just a question answer it as you like.

vibe never held hands pr hugged someone bc they asked me out. thats not necessary. nothing changes immediately except you guys have a plasm.

unless by ask lout you mean to be your bf. but still if you're just getting acquainted then really just get acquainted. there's no pressure. or shouldn't be. if he likes you hell be happy hanging out:)