What do you WANT US to appreciate about you?

are your good looks stealing the show from the real fireworks of your personality? what do you WANT us to notice about you more, or less?

Most Helpful Girl

• that i can do things as well as you.
    that I'm independent- you dont need to by my crutches to lean on all the time, even tho the thought is very kind.
    that me not expressing things which upset me doesn't mean i dont trust u.
    that how i look is not the best thing about me. not even close.
    ...
    that i'm not perfect, nor will i ever be.

• =D i loved all these. (except the not expressing things that anger you doesn't mean you don't trust me - maybe you could explain.)

i'm awarding you best answer, thank you =)

• =)

commentfiller
      commentfiller
      commentfiller

What Girls Said 10

• Depends on a girl. To be honest personally I'd prefer to be complimented about my personality. When I see that a guy appreciates that I'm here and knows that I'm here when he needs help I feel very good about myself. A 'you're pretty' and such is a nice thing to hear but I'm aware that I didn't do anything to achieve this since I had no plastic surgery so I wouldn't consider it much of a compliment.

A girl likes to know that she's funny, can understand you, is kind, and caring.

• true.

i have to say, i was going to omit it ((unless i did say it)), but one time i told a pretty girlfriend that i loved her personality, & she took it as i didn't like her looks =) personality is 10x more important to me anyway, so it was better than liking her looks better.

maybe i just need to get off the computer more & appreciate looks more ;)

thank you for a good answer, it really is one.

• No problem :) Different girls take compliments in different ways. You can compliment looks and personality at the same time just to be safe. Everyone's different.

• Looks less and personality more.

Don't get me wrong I like being called pretty, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when someone tells me I'm funny, smart or a caring person. I try to be the best person I can be so when someone compliments that, it makes me feel 10x better than if they said I looked pretty.

• i really really like this. good to have some level of insight into that not only being allowed but adored.

i will say, *don't take offense when/if we compliment your intelligence, personality, humor, taste* - we DON'T mean you're ugly, we just can't say two compliments at the very same instant.

-- thank you =)

• That we are humans, and that we are not that different from you in our ways. Notice us as humans you are attracted to but that's it. (some women need to learn how to do this to, not saying that men are the only ones with this issue)

You know how much easier things would be between us if we just treated each other as humans and not as genders (and also religions, races, etc. ) I'm lucky with my boyfriend also being pansexual and hating on the traditional genderbinary, gender ideas, gender roles, He treated me equal from day one, I did as well. It was 2 humans getting together and bounding on a human level.

• nice. i don't mean to compartmentalize you. i think gender differences do exist, but it is a minefield to discuss, & prefer to treat people individually, re negative stereotypes, but less so for positive 'reputations' -- just my 2 cents.

that is a good other note, tho: we are not so different. will have to think about what *i* want then (which come to think of it i normally do when dealing with my girlfriend.) i guess i would be asking for the gender difference wants then, but again: that's a minefield.

• for the record i am not a woman hater, re my last comments. i foresee a role for them of power & authority in the future, as we information technologize more - that gets into gender differences & i'd have to know you better before i commented. but.

thank you so much for an intelligent response =)

- joe

• I want to be appreciated for my gift-wrapping skills.

• my personality

• dammit. this is the 3rd time i've had to rewrite this, computer glitches.

ok, first, this seems to be the prevailing answer (yours).

i was reminded of a forum i was on the other day -- (philosophy) -- where someone said some feminists/women were upset with videogames -- which i stopped playing when i was 15, for different reasons ((was a waste of time)) --

• just talking...

• also i was gonna joke, nice pic zombiebabe ;D =D

• I don't know. I'm not really one to want attention for stuff.

• personality i guess

• and don't call me cute i would be glad

• ok, thank you kangy. didn't mean to pass you over, it just is what hit me. it was a relevant response because like i said i ended up citing answers like hers & yours in another conversation i had - i talked about that conversation. thanks tho!

• All we do to make you happy :)

• this makes me feel bad.. in a good way =) good note. appreciation should be overflowing really, this makes me think.

thanks

• The only things that come to mind that I think could be appreciated about me here on GAG, are things that I consider a given in myself and other people in real life, so I will just shut up now and say - nothing.

• Nothing probably. I don't like attention.

What Guys Said 8

• That I can fit twelve orange slices in my mouth.

TWELVE.

• I couldn't care less about what a woman appreciates about me.

I appreciate myself and I matter more to me than she'll ever matter to me so her point is moot.

• the fact that everything is my plan and that thiers nothing you can do about it
    static.comicvine.com/.../...y_marik248_d314mhx.png
    in fact you're under my Kyoka Suigetso as well :)

• my gifs.. and pics..

http://i.imgur.com/EvFRjy9.jpg

I mean come on.

• My monster sized schlong

• I'm good at not quitting even where stuff is beyond horrible for like almost 3 years

• I'm fine with just the physical stuff, I don't need much else.

• My good-looks!

• i thought this was a good answer. you kind of feel passed over if you are a good looking guy, sometimes. like it doesn't really count.