Why do guys typically go for younger women?

I've date both younger and older women and I have to say, older women offer much more rewarding relationships, and to be frank, the sex is better too.
I'm curious as to why most men go for younger women. Is it because they've simply never been with an older woman?

To be clear I'm talking about 10 years older max.

• Guys, do you prefer younger women?
  • Guys, do you prefer older women?
  • Girls, do you prefer younger men?
  • Girls, do you prefer older men?
  • Do you have absolutely no preference?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty sure I will be the female who voted C. Haha. I could have voted E as well, because I'm open to all ages, but I tend to go for younger guys in reality, so yeah.

I think most guys go for younger women because 1.) men age better than women usually, and 2.) most men (at least subconsciously) want to be the "protector" in the relationship (not necessarily in a literal sense, more in figurative role kind of way), as well as most women want their men to be the "protector" (again, not necessarily in a literal sense). Just my thoughts though.

What Girls Said 6

• I do notice my eyes looking more at the younger ones now I'm getting older. Everyone desires younger as reproductive system in both men and women is at it's best. Men have the best sperm around the age of 18 and for women the best time to get pregnant is between the age of 20 - 25, the least complications and healthiest babies.

• bc younger people are more attractive than older people. i like older friends but younger bfs.

• I appreciate you saying this, it's nice to know not all men want a younger woman.

• Women don't age too well, apparently...

• Because as women get older, everything starts to go south, and it is a turn off for some guys

• We are bassicly programmed to be like that. Guys prefer younger girls, and girls prefer older guys.

What Guys Said 6

• I love hooking up with older women, but I'm mixed on the relationship aspects with the whole older vs younger deal is kinda a tough call. Older women and sex in general is overall better for me because they're more mature about it.

Just reading around opinions on here you can see many girls have extremely immature views on sex. They "value" themselves based on their "pureness" but then go as far as to not even have sex 6+ months into their relationships. They'll be the same ones to shame a guy for having desires when he just wants a relationships that s fulfilling in multiple areas. But just the desire to have sex he'll be shamed for. But in general with older women, they're much more mature about it and this makes the sex much more carefree for me because there's much less of a chance of them playing games. Obviously, you'll get some who still get tricky about it, but the likelihood of them being immature about it is much less.

• Because a lot of girls prefer older men, viewing their peers as immatuer?
    Because they have been repeatedly hurt in relationships with women their own age/older and think a younger girl will be more yielding?
    Pure sex appeal?

Plenty of reasons. Not saying they are good reasons, but they are there.

• I wanted something kike my mom and dad but I guess times are just too different so its hard to force. They only have a 6 month age difference

• i like both older and younger girls but younger is a little limited to me because i'm only 23

• younger women are more fertile, thats evolution for ya

• More firmer... more innocent... adventurous... more energy... fitness is better in most cases... makes me feel younger :)

• biology and evolution