Found out girl is fat. Don't wanna date her. What's the politest way to cancel?

So this girl matched with me on Tinder. We got along okay and were supposed to meet up in 2 days.
Her Tinder pics didn't reveal anything suspicious regarding her weight.
We have a mutual friend, so I found this girl on FB. Boy.. her Tinder pics are really deceiving. She is really fat that I don't see myself with her at all.
How do I politely cancel the date?

0|0
13|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Just call her up and say you're going to have to cancel the date... she seems nice, but you're not sure she's the one for you and you don't want to lead her on.

4|2
    0|1

What Girls Said 13

• stop responding to her messages and block her. its not polite but shit happens. she'll get over it, its not like y'all in a relationship and you broke her heart or hit it and quit it. you dont even really know each other like that

2|1
    0|1
  • Err this is a tough one. She's kind of an ass for being dishonest about how she looks, but that doesn't mean you have to be an asshole back. I would just lie my ass off, but also wouldn't blame you for telling the truth either. Use any excuse in the book you'd like.

3|2
    0|0
  • Everyone on here is going absolutely crazy.

You don't need to call her out, you don't need to confront her, or be rude to her. Everyone is looking for love alright guys?

All you need to do is talk to her. Just simply tell her that you want to cancel because something about your connection just doesn't feel right and you want to pursue other options. It'll sting but it's better than being an ass.

And by the way. Don't be so closed minded. This girl was pretty enough to take some decent photos, and clearly her personality must have grabbed you in some way. Physical attraction is immediate this girl could easily have been one of the kindest, sweetest, most loyal women you've ever dated. What a loss.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you dont want to lead her on or waste her time if you know you are not going to be attracted to her. Just tell her straight up the truth or that youve found another interest you are going to pursue.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just politely ask her how much she weighs. If she doesn't tell you say you found her on facebook. If she lies to you tell her you know she is lying.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should tell her that her Tinder pics are deceiving and that men will find her attractive no matter what her weight... and that being honest on there would increase her chances of finding a hookup or date or whatever because they'll know that she's overweight and want to talk to her still.
    It's okay to say that you prefer women with a healthier lifestyle... maybe because you enjoy a healthier lifestyle as well and get along with likeminded females.

Good luck!

2|0
    0|0
  • I would just cancel and give her some bogus reason why and then never talk to her again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since it's tinder, just tell her the truth. No need to be rude or tactless, but tell her like it is.

2|0
    0|0
  • She's insecure. Please don't hurt her. Tell her politeky you've decided you don't want to pursue anything. Be genersl

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell her the truth or you could go on the date with her anyway and just be a nice guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't lead her on. period!

0|0
    0|0
  • Do it fast - she needs time to find someone better than you are, seems as if everyone else would be an upgrade from the likes of you.

0|0
    0|1
  • Don't need to tell her why. Just because she was deceiving about her looks doesn't mean you have to be mean. She obviously has insecurities. Just say you are not interested in dating. Honestly is Not always the best policy.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Do you know what girls mean when they say nice guys finish last? Women aren't talking about guys who are awesome to date. They're talking about spineless men who don't defend themselves. They finish last.

be honest and dont BS. Tell her you found her Facebook profile and you saw how she's being dishonest/lying about the image of her body on tinder. Call her out without being a douche. You were lied to so stand up for yourself.

and also, for future reference: its always about the truth. It doesn't matter how pretty or ugly or fat. Always be honest. And never be afraid to hold women to moral standards or call them out if they do something wrong. And you cam do it without being a douche. Just honest and straightforward.

also, some girls think they can get away with stuff. So some will act out when you've caught them in the act. In that case stand your ground.

0|0
    1|0
  • Meet up with her, get some easy head, and then just ignore her.

Seriously though, use any excuse you like to cancel the meet up. Then just ignore her or make up some other excuse to cease any further contact.

1|2
    1|0
  • Don't even bother acting polite about it... Women are not entitled to never have their feelings hurt.

1|3
    3|0
  • most fat girls are sexier than thin girls.

3|1
    1|0
  • anything better than how these guys reacted would be fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2alnVIj1Jf8

5|1
    0|0
    • Haha I thought of the same shit.

• Show All
    • That actually hurt to watch! Haha.

• @CommieDearest

yeah i was half expecting this to be some sort of personal social experiment where this video would be brought up... because it sounded like the exact same thing. hah

• Why cancel? Just hang out with her and increase your dating experience with woman!
    If you judge a girl is fat and don't want to hang out with her, chances are you're too result-oriented thinking that setting up 1 or 2 dates would bring you both together. RELAX bro, enjoy the process if i were you!

2|0
    0|0
  • Do people not put up a few pictures of them selves on these sites to avoid this awkwardness?

1|0
    0|0
  • Say it on her face. She would not like it and would join a fitness problem to make you jealous !!

1|0
    2|0
    • Or rather send a vv skinny friend of yours !!! She won't even think of cheating anyone like that ever.

• Tell her you have to work nights for a while or your going to work out of town

1|0
    0|0